Anybody in Halifax ar a bit handy with clunking on front passenger side suspension...

MarkTweedley

Reaction score
Hi,

Is there anybody in Halifax area that would be willing to have a look/listen/feel of my front suspension please? Knocks over bumps on passenger side only and it's ****** annoying.

Riding on 45mm Spax springs with standard shocks and 18" RS4 reps with 225 40 18 rubber.

Guess it's the shocker as can't see anything loose other than the xenon adjuster has snapped!

Thanks

Could be droplinks or shocker top mountings to be honest though also,how long have you had the spax on and has the car been ok with them on for a good while before this? also its worth checking play in the rack arms and if the ball joint ends are tight,check all of these as its worth half and hour to make sure to be saved been charged for something simple

I had the drop links replaced on my previous sportback for very similar symptoms. They are a known weak point so I would try them first.

I snapped my adjuster as well, repaired it with tape and that metal putty stuff, worked a treat!

Do you know where Bowers Mill is? Foz owns a garage, its a private garage and he works for himself and does not have to advertise as he turns over nicely without. Its you're drop link or the rear, front anti-role bar bush.

Reactions: MarkTweedley
Do add, noticed that if I go left round a corner going uphill it feels like the passenger front wheel is dragging to the side. Would this indicate droplink?

Don't think so tbh, the drop links just connect the strut to the anti roll bar. They are dead easy to change as long as you have spline bits to stop the ball joint rotating