Warrenty question

g5604

Reaction score
Hi,

I am looking to buy a a3 sportback, it is 2 and half years old and has done 14,000 miles.

1) will the audi warranty be valid if the car has been serviced elsewhere?

2) how often does a a3 have to be serviced to keep the warranty valid?

3) could i purchase an extended warranty with audi before the 3 years are up?

cheers,
G

Hi,

I am looking to buy a a3 sportback, it is 2 and half years old and has done 14,000 miles.

cheers,
G

1) as long as official Audi parts have been used yes.

2) It depends on if it's long life or normal servicing. Long life is every 2 years or 19000 miles which ever is sooner. Or it's on Audi inspection service which I think is every 12 months or 9k.

There should be a notice come up on the DIS when a service is required.

3) you can only purchase this at the point of purchase I think they may offer a top up after the 3rd year.

Hope this helps

Ps forgot to say good mileage for the age!!!

Hi,

cheers,
G

I purchased an extended warranty through the dealers and I bought from the dealers (wasn't from the original dealers though)
I heard AA offer a good warranty Car Warranty, Buy Extended New and Used Car Warranties Easily

Remember, even from the dealers, the extended warranty isnt as comprehensive as the original AUDI 3yr warranty as there are some exclusions such as certain trim parts and electrical faults.

Like Voorhees said, as long as OEM bits are used for servicing then the manufacturer warraty must be honoured, BUT you will lose any goodwill warranty contributions that AUDI would other wise offer outside the 3 yr period, if the car had been serviced exclusively within the dealer network.

Personally spesaking Ive never found decent indys that much cheaper than the dealer so for these reasons have (reluctantly) always used AUDI for servicing. It also means you have AUDI UK to intervene if the dealer makes a ******** of your car when carrying out any work.

Good luck
Paul

Got a good warranty from Warranty Direct for mine, 12 months cover for £309 and covers for up £60 per hour EX-VAT labour rate and claims up to the value of the car. Did a lot of research before taking out as all warranties are very much not equal, the one the dealer offered me had a claim limit of £1.5k which would not cover DSG or a failed turbo.
Only drawback is over 60k just covers 90% parts, over 70k 80% and so on until 50%.