S3 Mudflaps

crunchie

Reaction score
Let the heated discussion begin!!
Well I was basically fed up with the crap thrown up off the roads up here in the north of Scotland and so decided to do something about it!
After searching and searching and not finding anything I decided to get some Subaru Impreza ones and cut them down to fit.
Had these fitted to my last two Impreza's with no complaints and I'm very happy with the end result.
I realise however that you folk down south with perfect roads will say they look daft and spoil the look but it had to be done.
They look really low in these pictures but they are 3" off the ground and look much better in the flesh.
I don't feel that they look too "rally slagish" which was my initial worry when I bought them.

003.jpg

From a practical point of view they are probably a wise move living where you do.... I think though if I had to go down this route I would be questioning whether I should have a S3 with the roads and terrain you have up there....

tumblr_llhiwaiRnY1qaoq1c.gif

Mudflaps....srsly gay.

I live in Scotland and don't have a problem....

Mudflaps....srsly gay.

I live in Scotland and don't have a problem....

Its spelt seriously.....and Scotland is a big country. I obviously wish I didn't need them but needs must.

Perfect roads ? :lmfao: Must have been a while since you ventured south of the border come and take a look round rural Bucks!

In all honesty I don't reckon they look too bad from what I can see though...not my cuppa but fair do's on the improvisation..

Last edited:
You want a landrover then? surely .mudflaps are dreadful imo
but whatever floats your boat mate ;)

Landrover? Maybe a Bowler Wildcat :D
I wouldn't say dreadful but, as you say, each to their own.
I personally think Sportbacks are dreadful :lmfao:

nice golf :) not a fan of mudflaps i got slated for having oem audi ones on my car but as you say if you need them then fair enough mate its your car

From what I can see I think they look OK (maybe they're bringing out my feminine side? :) ), full marks for improvisation... clincher; do they work?

That'll be the new Fiesta road sweeper, ridiculous.

On the upside, if all cars were standardised with this subtle mod it may prevent the flicking up of stones/debris toward our bonnets/screens saving on those hateful white lil' chips. May put bonnet bra manufacturers out of business but hey... they can make flaps instead.

I have the Audi mudflaps on mine for practicality but really not a fan of them tbh mate, looks abit tacky especially on your car.

I have the OEM ones on mine and don't take much notice of them really...