Chris NottVolks Autos
    1st Gear

Status

\"De-chroming\" my Sportback\'s snout?

Anyone know where you can get a dechroming service? My Lava Grey Sportback has a big chrome gob which stands out a mile, and I was thinking it might look better in a darker shade, or whatever.
    And what is de-chroming anyway? Is the chrome taken off and replaced with black stuff, or is there a treatment which is applied to the chrome?

Cheers guys.

2. # ADS
    ADS

Uber Post Whore

Status

Re: \"De-chroming\" my Sportback\'s snout?

i think audi exclusive UK may provide this service, just ask your local dealer. I have enquired about this but have left it for nearer the time when i order my black sportback with black roof rails and black grill.

The other option is to get it professionally sprayed, i had this done on my old A3 8L in matching azure blue. Looked really upmarket.

The RS4 forums have pics of a dechromed black new shape RS4, so you can see how similiar the front will be.

http://www.audi-sport.net/ubbthreads...&page=0#111583

1st Gear

Status

Re: \"De-chroming\" my Sportback\'s snout?

[ QUOTE ]
    i think audi exclusive UK may provide this service, just ask your local dealer.
    The RS4 forums have pics of a dechromed black new shape RS4, so you can see how similiar the front will be.

http://www.audi-sport.net/ubbthreads...&page=0#111583

[/ QUOTE ]

Rock and roll - that looks the absolute schnids. Exactly what I was looking for. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif[/img]
    Mine is a company car, so a "temporary" change would be better. I have absolutely no idea how I'm gonna do it.