Sort of poll: which model 8P do you drive?

29 but 11 years and a few tens of 1000 miles without even a scratch on bodywork. Never had to do a claim either in my life....
That should count for something!

I was with Tesco until recently. I am now with Adrian Flux (broker). They undercut the Tesco premium by 20%, but as said depends on where one lives.
Off topic - I am now addicted to 'Launch Control', - I can see a set of tyres coming sooner than required..... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

i dont understand some people...

why am i spoilt?

cos i disagree!! and alot of people who knew me would disagree too..

if i was spoilt i wouldnt be working.. i wouldnt have an A3 i would have a porsche..

i pay for my own way and expect no help from my family in anyway..

ive got to where i am on my own back. ive got all my exams and am proud of what ive done...

and then you get people saying im spoilt....

you cant win in life.. i didnt plan for my dad to be who he is..

Broadmarsh - couldn't you use your OAP winter fuel allowance to fill up your oil burner?

Or trade it in for a bus pass ;-)

19 driving a 2.0FSI - I have two years NCB and pay less than 1k insurance...Found through confused.com
I'm with Norwich Union Direct /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/fuck_you.gif

Have yet to find a problem with them..However i'm about to declare my modifications which apparently add 10% per mod and they only allow 3 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

[ QUOTE ]
31 and 1.6FSi Sport /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

I bet i have the weediest engine here! that's ****** Irish vehicle registration tax for you....

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope, Im 26 yr old and also have a 1.6 FSi Sport, I wanted something with a bit more umph but motor insurance for me over here (British Forces, Germany) is weird, complicated and quite expensive.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

No -I'm the oldest: 66.
Also cheapest car: 1.6 Mpi Special Edition.
I know it's not relevant but I also have a '98 1.6 SE.

3.2 Q manual, (I like doing my own launch-control and rev-match downshifts, thank you)

in just a few more weeks (build date: saturday of week 6 _ that's in 1 week !!!)

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/woohoo.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yes.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Blimey, the amount of 3.2 must keep shell in business! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/woohoo.gif

[ QUOTE ]
how much do you guys pay out of interest?

on a 2.0FSI under my own name i got quoted £1100 2 years no claims.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well I pay less than 300 quid and i'm only 35, so these oldies ( but wise ones ) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif
must be paying peanuts.

[ QUOTE ]
I current pay £312.28 with AXA Direct. Renewal notice was for £353.48. Saved a further £41.20 by getting a new policy with exactly the same cover and the same company by getting a new internet quote.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dave, must be less crime up north then /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif. I was surprised that the A3 was £60 cheaper than my previous Golf 150pd.

Anyone who is trying for a cheaper quote should give Tesco a look.

You must right Japper. I have just got an internet quote from Tesco, and with myself and my wife as named drivers, same details as my existing insurance including only £100 excess. The quoted figure was £327.12. With £150 excess the price was £312.90 - 62p more that I am paying at the moment.

When my renewal comes up I do a quote search using the 'This is Money' website. One of the things I like with the AXA insurance is there 'no blame, no claim' clause which means if you have to make a claim that was not your fault in any way they do not treat it as a claim.

Yeh, you never know how good your insurance company is until you have cause to make a claim, unfortunately /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Dave,

Acoustic parking option is the only option I'm sorry I didn't opt for. The new A3's design makes it a biatch to see out of when reversing.

I keep reading this comment about the rear visibility . I haven't ordered the reversing sensors and think I may regret it. Is it possible to retrofit the sensors at the dealer and if so is it expensive?

I'll be asking the dealer anyway but I just wondered if anyone had done this /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

I have a sportback, can't say I have a real problem with visibility out the back. I don't have the parking sensors but I have them on my works vehicle and there a pain! Don't know about the Audi fitted though.

The Audi acoustic parking system is definitely not a pain. Most of the time your not even aware that it's fitted. When you engage reverse you get a single beep. Quite useful as a warning that you have reverse engaged. Only when you get to within about 1 metre from another object does it start beeping - slowly at first and then more rapidly as to get closer until about 300mm when it becomes a continious beep. It certainly helps when parking or manovering close to other objects. There is no sound outside the vehicle - none of the noise you get from vans and lorries as a warning that they are reversing.

[ QUOTE ]
I have a sportback, can't say I have a real problem with visibility out the back. I don't have the parking sensors but I have them on my works vehicle and there a pain! Don't know about the Audi fitted though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, I can imagine the Sportback being better for rear visibillity because of more window area on back doors, something us A3 3dr owners dont have /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

When I was 19 I had a 22" Claud Butler in racing purple with campagnolo 12 speed box...thought it was fab...excuse me while I strap myself into my carbon fibre incontinence pants...ooh that's better...acoustic parking?? Speak up sonny...trifle deaf...oh yes definitely....and a nice bit of fish for supper on fridays...now where was I?.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/snore.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_2.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_2.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

Am 30 yrs old, waiting for a 2.oT A3 sprtbck to be delivered in the next 3 weeks... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Insurance quote so far about £340 with 7yrs ncb.

Only paid £500 with Bell Direct for my TT 225bhp when I was 28yrs old and 5 yrs ncb. Good solid Herts (Stevenage) postcode helps I think!

I'm definately doing something wrong regarding my quotes, i suppose i better stop making claims! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked2.gif

Steve K can you PM me the phone number or email address for Bell Direct.

Cheers. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Sort of poll: which model 8P do you drive?

[/ QUOTE ]
well the one in the picture of the 8P forum!!
mwwaaahhhaaaahhhhhh!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif

Don't you mean your ex-car. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif (join the club).

Shame those pics aren't bigger. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/woohoo.gif