Smoothie Says Goodbye Audi-Sport

Smoothie

Reaction score
Well i've moved over to the darkside boys, met some good people on here so just wanted to say farewell! May be back to the audi scene in future but wont be for few years at least lol And to everyone that bought my A3 parts, thankyou for super easy transactions and i wish you the best with installing them, as this is what your money went toward so hope you approve:

e89092bf.jpg

2487c4ff.jpg

Sorry to see you go Smoothie, but wish you all the best with your new car. Take care, Buddy!

Reactions: Smoothie
Good luck with it mate, they are very different to drive compared to a hatch as im sure you will find out. All the best with it :)

TRAITOR

Boydie i require your assistance with fitting this bluetooth module from smoothies a3!

Nice choice smoothie. There a great drive, you'll enjoy it!!! Ditch the m badge on the boot though bud, there only for the v8's!

Reactions: Khufu
you had a nice audi... but then must of fallen ill to go and buy yourself a beemer...
you will be having loads of fun in the snow!
who bought your flat bottom wheel in the end?

Last edited:
Nice car mate, gone to the darkside ay.... get rid of the M tech badge and it's looking better already :p

:bye:
Lovely car mate, recon i could live with one of them but i would want the info screen bulge on the dash. I like the M tech badge on the white so you can keep that :) sod all the miserable "i hate badges" brigade on here :sly:

boys I still have have the same high standards that created the A3, I've requested the car be de-badged of 320d and the ///M but I disagree entirely on the whole "shouldn't be on there" the car is an m-sport highline, it carries the m-badge on door sills, steering wheel, gearstick and alloy wheels so if it's good enough for those factory items then its good enough for the boot-lid! It is NOT an m3 badge at the end of the day

Personally I wanted to stay with audi and get a TT S-line but when you move into that price bracket you can see that Audi don't offer very much for the cash! The 320 offered far more car for the money, as it's the best all rounder! Don't get me wrong I loved the A3 it was excellent but the 320 is a different class of car and shouldn't be compared to a hatchback really

Had an E46 before the A3 so you never know I could end up in an Audi again lol

The new car's not all that bad mate, but you should have gone for a 5 series if any!! Anyway have fun with it :)

Personally I wanted to stay with audi and get a TT S-line but when you move into that price bracket you can see that Audi don't offer very much for the cash! The 320 offered far more car for the money

Had an E46 before the A3 so you never know I could end up in an Audi again lol
Fairplay Smooth Audi do seem to scrimp on the extras
Post up what you do to this though mate
I love it really :p

Wish you luck Niall, I like the lines of the 3 series exterior, interior is a different natter, front seat area resemble sitting on a church pew lmfao

see ya later mate!! great cars the beemas! as saif interiors not as great but still lovely!! hopefully see you again one day mate! good luck

I know what your saying about the M badging in the car smoothie, and I shouldn't really talk with my half a 'S' badge (took the '3' off lol) on my S3 grill on my TDI :lmfao: but I actually think the M badge looks a little out of place like someone stuck it there themselves if you get what I mean. Your taking it off anyway, so well done :p

Good look mate, I enjoyed following your thread and it inspired me to do a few bits n bobs to mine. Enjoy the bmw it looks really nice:icon_thumright:

Hey matey sad to see you go but what a good choice you've gone for. You will have fun in that, just watch the twitchy back end lol

Looks great, and keep the badge, its what the car is. Have fun and keep popping back in here.

I agree, an ///M badge on the boot is for V8s and V10s only. These don't come with the ///M on the boot from the factory, some plank has stuck it on. You will see yourself getting posted in the clownage thread over on e90post.com if you keep it. Speaking of which, it's a good place to go for info and advice on the e9x models. There's been quite a few people from your part of the world appearing on their recently.

I had an e90 M sport before my A3. It was a very comfortable car but I only lasted a year with it due to not getting on with the saloon and and just finding it dull to drive. I assume you've got a warranty as it looks like it's at a BMW garage in the pics. If not then get one. The turbos on the 4 cylinders are made of toffee, when they go they take the top end with them costing around £2500 to fix. Watch those wheels as well, the 212s are renowned for cracking if you look at them the wrong way. Was a big bit on Watchdog about them.

Looks a very clean car. Bonus on the xenons. What other options does it have?

I dont think its an issue of having an M badge, its just that particular one looks like its been stuck in the wrong place tbf, just looks so wrong, looking again it seems the contrast of chrome version badge, the blue white bmw badge & then the M badge in red etc, just makes it look to busy.

M cars have the badge on the right and they are smaller.

I guess the badge is a personal thing but it's more or less the same as sticking an S3 badge on the back of any S Line A3.

Was going to comment on the juxtaposition of an M badge on a diesel until I read the above. I'm like Nigel, looks nice on the outside but not over impressed with the interiors on current BMWs. That said, its going to be a cracking car & you will love it (until its snows LOL)

lol @ some of the comments! As I've already said, ive asked for the car to be de-badged, for personal preference though not for fear of ending up in some thread on e90 as for any mechanical issues I will be no worse off than an A3 there's plenty that can go wrong with them lol I know about the wheels, a run-flat issue apparently, car isn't 2years old yet so has warranty so not worried!

Also the equilavant audi TT s-line came with nothing tbh for similar money, where as this came with xenons, 19" wheels, parking sensors, exterior light pack, full leather, electric & heated seats, extended interior light pack, Bluetooth, iPod, multi-function wheel, cruise control, as standard on the highline! Was the best option by far

I don't agree about the interior, its certainly plain, but if anything its more driver focused...convience seatbelts is nice touch lol and ambient lighting is the whole car not just two LEDs lol have to agree with snowy conditions but then again, like 60% of people on here I never had quattro to begin with

Last edited:
Reactions: paddy
M cars have the badge on the right and they are smaller.

I guess the badge is a personal thing but it's more or less the same as sticking an S3 badge on the back of any S Line A3.
Well its sunday and time for my controversial rant of the week :)
Trouble is here there are far to many people fretting over what others might think !! and TBH...who cares if you are happy. I had VW Caddy badges on my VR6. It never entered my mind that some **** on an obscure VW thread somewhere in cyberspace might be losing sleep over it :sob: To me the inside of a car is what really matters because thats where i sit !! ******** if i would spend much tarting up the outside just to please onlookers :nyah:......And if i tarted it up for my sake then who gives a flying F**k what others think...