Sky InsuranceEM Tuning
    Neutral

Status

Audi 2.0l TDI 140 remap

Hi All,

looking to get my car remapped - anyone have any recommendations around the south east? i live in Gillingham Kent.

Thanks in advance guys

2. # ADS
    ADS

Audi Retrofitter

Status
    North, East, South, West London & Dartford in Kent

My Social Networking

Visit Ash187's Instagram Channel
    hello bro, sorry i can't help you on this question but i also want to know as im only up the road from you and have the same engine.
    A3 Sportback 2.0TDI
    Dark Headlining, Bose, Alcantara Leather, Lights Pack

MODS:
    S3 facelift, 19" RS6, RS3 Grill, TTRS FBMFSW, A5 S-Line Heated Seats, Bi-Xenons, Auto Lights & Wipers, Eibach Sportlines, S3 brakes, Cruise, Pioneer HU, Reverse Camera, OEM Parking Sensors, Auto Folding & Dimming Dumbo Mirrors, LED Tail Lights, S3 Pedals, Tints, Carbon Trims.

Items for Sale
    Read My Blog & Build Thread

Neutral

Status
    oh cool man, where abouts are you? i was thinking amd in essex? what you reckon of them?

Audi Retrofitter

Status

My Social Networking

I live near Dartford...
    not sure at all with AMD, although i know a few of the guys here go to the RR there.

Have heard good reviews on Shark performance but i dont think they are anywhere near us.
    A3 Sportback 2.0TDI

MODS:
    S3 facelift, 19" RS6, RS3 Grill, TTRS FBMFSW, A5 S-Line Heated Seats, Bi-Xenons, Auto Lights & Wipers, Eibach Sportlines, S3 brakes, Cruise, Pioneer HU, Reverse Camera, OEM Parking Sensors, Auto Folding & Dimming Dumbo Mirrors, LED Tail Lights, S3 Pedals, Tints, Carbon Trims.

Items for Sale

Neutral

Status
    blimey they are in nottinghamshire i have heard great reveiws about amd and thats not far at all really - closer for you.! do you know if we need to do anything else to our engines to keep it from gaining any damage after remap?

Meow.

Status
    What year is your car?

Neutral

Status
    2005 mate

Audi Retrofitter

Status

My Social Networking

as far as i know a remap will not really damage a car, just highlight any small issues you had. Of course that does also depend on how you drive it after remapping it.
    A3 Sportback 2.0TDI

MODS:

Items for Sale

Neutral

Status
    driving it gently will be high unlikely after a remap.

Audi Retrofitter

Status

My Social Networking

LOL!
    i would want to remap just so its quicker on acceleration... does not mean i would be ripping it everywhere i go. its more for responsive throttle for me.
    i know some 'boys' that want to just race in them... but then again they buy S3's
    A3 Sportback 2.0TDI

MODS:

Items for Sale

Neutral

Status
    yeah i know dude. that is soley what i want a remap for just to get more torque and that beautiful train pull feeling. it should feel so quick as a stage 1 remap takes it to about 187bhp i believe? and also give us around the 400lb torque.

6th Gear

Status
    Turner race developments south west stroud glos car tuning contact

is going to be mapping mine soon he knows what hes doing with these engines.
    Full Leather / heated Seats / 18" Speedlines / AP coilover kit / R32 Rear 310mm Brakes / window Tints / Auto lights / Xenons / Cruise control / R32 Front 345mm Brakes / Full milltek system / Led side lights / Bose / brushed aluminium inlays / panal filter / Full Egr delete / custom map with hot start fix / Hybrid Turbo / Sachs Racing clutch / 10mm Rear spacers / 10mm Front spacers / A5 LED number plate bulbs / Oil catch can

233 bhp - 309 ft lb - 419 nm

FLYWHEEL + HELIX CLUTCH KIT FOR SALE

Neutral

Status
    yeah seem good, would it be possible if you reply to this thread once you have had the remap done just so i know what your experience was with them and the outcome of your remap? cheers mate

6th Gear

Status
    no probs defo worth getting a full miltek first drives like another car since having that fitted
    Full Leather / heated Seats / 18" Speedlines / AP coilover kit / R32 Rear 310mm Brakes / window Tints / Auto lights / Xenons / Cruise control / R32 Front 345mm Brakes / Full milltek system / Led side lights / Bose / brushed aluminium inlays / panal filter / Full Egr delete / custom map with hot start fix / Hybrid Turbo / Sachs Racing clutch / 10mm Rear spacers / 10mm Front spacers / A5 LED number plate bulbs / Oil catch can

Neutral

Status
    the miltek exhaust - is it loud or subtle?

Ads
    License to drive

Status
    I know quite a few people who have been REVO'd at AMD Thurrock/Essex. I always hear very good feedback about the service they offer.

Neutral

Status
    yeah that's why i feel confident in going there!! - i have heard some great reviews.

Neutral

Status
    I was originally looking at a place called www.more-bhp.com as I also live near you but the price quoted is more if they come down to you. But then a mate used this guy www.airbagwarninglight.co.uk and had a campervan diesel and a Mercedes c class both done by him and £140 each. My mate said the campervan struggled to pull 70mph before and now goes like a rocket with no smoke or problems. I spoke to this guy and he reckons the a3 140 has the biggest change in driving as any diesel that he does. The bhp is not as much as morebhp but the important thing is torque and thats about 296 lb or close to 400nm which is about what my 5.0gt Mustang had. I think if you go too mad it will be wheelspinning all over the place.

6th Gear

Status
    No its not loud its just rite i was surprised as i went for the non res one

Quote Originally Posted by Herbsta1c View Post
    the miltek exhaust - is it loud or subtle?

4th Gear

Status
    Also considering a remap. I do have AMD Amersham just up the road so may pop and speak to them.
    Does anyone have any recommendations for the remaps like the bluefins that can be taken off easily by a hand held device? What other companies do this type of remap. I Want to be able to remove the map when the car goes back to Audi for any service work etc.

Also is there any way of them scanning the car to see if you have put a remap on there and possibly voiding the warranty?

Any help suggestions and prices appreciated
    Current:
    A3 Black Edition 2.0 TDI 140

2nd Gear

Status
    I would be wary of any aggressive remap on a 140bhp the fuel pump isn't designed for anything more powerful than the bluefin that's why it's a little less powerful than some of the upgrades that other tuners offer. Pretty sure the AMD one would be similar but you need the warranty.

1st Gear

Status
    Got my 140 done at AMD essex up to 182, was reading 146 standard. My mate has had his S3 lowered remapped and exhaust done there good lads,

4th Gear

Status
    That's the reason I thought about bluefin. I like the idea of being able to take it off and back to standard to save from causing any serious damage. I'm aware of the clutches on S3s being like chocolate teapots is it like wise for the A3s with more torque. Wish I bought a 170 now!

Does anyone know any other solutions or know any products like the bluefin that are able to be removed easily?
    Current:
    A3 Black Edition 2.0 TDI 140

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by slade777 View Post
    That's the reason I thought about bluefin. I like the idea of being able to take it off and back to standard to save from causing any serious damage. I'm aware of the clutches on S3s being like chocolate teapots is it like wise for the A3s with more torque. Wish I bought a 170 now!

Does anyone know any other solutions or know any products like the bluefin that are able to be removed easily?
    I've got the Alientech Powergate box on which I have my standard map, and two others. I'm fairly sure its exactly the same as the Bluefin albeit with a different colour. The Alientech box is widely used as its reliable and provides excellent vehicle coverage

Now a happy owner of an A3 Sportback S Line 170 TDI
    My Posh Golf

WWW.APR-REMAPS.CO.UK

Status
    Has anyone had there 140 cr comman rail engine remapped yet?

facebook.com/m9tbh

Status
    i had mine mapped and the turbo blew the next day... coinsidense?

Audi A3 2.0 TDi - Dolphin Grey
    Matt Black Grille / Lamin-x / Tinted Rear Windows / BOSE Premium Audio / S3 Spoiler / Coilovers / S6 19x9 Alloy Wheels / Remapped

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by matt_hilluk View Post
    i had mine mapped and the turbo blew the next day... coinsidense?
    Your turbo was most likely on its last legs and the extra pressure put upon it by the remap finished it off

Turbo's go in standard or remapped form; it really is luck of the draw sadly. I have a mate who has a MK4 Golf 150 TDI and he's done 145K miles, 80K of them remapped and he's on the original turbo still!
    Now a happy owner of an A3 Sportback S Line 170 TDI
    My Posh Golf

Neutral

Status
    Got mine re-mapped, got a eco re-map by falcon performance in middlesbrough. I went for this over one of the aggressive re-maps that people do for a few reasons, reliability, extra mpg and more torque at bottom end. I believe its running at 170 or just over, i've side by side my mates 170 quattro a3, and its exactly the same. Only advice i would give is to change the oil more regulary, ll oil every 5k for me.

Audi Retrofitter

Status

My Social Networking

Quote Originally Posted by cmgreen View Post
    Got mine re-mapped, got a eco re-map by falcon performance in middlesbrough. I went for this over one of the aggressive re-maps that people do for a few reasons, reliability, extra mpg and more torque at bottom end. I believe its running at 170 or just over, i've side by side my mates 170 quattro a3, and its exactly the same. Only advice i would give is to change the oil more regulary, ll oil every 5k for me.
    So how does it perform now on average MPG and do you still get a lag when you try to boot it below 2k RPM? sounds interesting this
    A3 Sportback 2.0TDI

MODS:

Items for Sale

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by itwasntme187 View Post
    So how does it perform now on average MPG and do you still get a lag when you try to boot it below 2k RPM? sounds interesting this
    Its getting around 3-4 mpg more, no lag below 2k just very smooooth! So smooth and no lag it accually felt slower at first, but put it up against a 170 quattro and its exactly the same maybe a small amount quicker.

Enthusiast

Status
    I notice lag on hot days only. On an average day it goes like a dream.
    VCDS USER

Audi Retrofitter

Status

My Social Networking

I like the sound of the eco-map... exactly what i want... the power on the lower end so no lag and also better fuel consumption.
    Anywhere down south i could get this done?
    Also how much did it set you back?
    A3 Sportback 2.0TDI

MODS:

Items for Sale

4th Gear

Status
    fr&rtuning do the alientech powergate tuning box called their self tuning box see for yourself FR&R Tuning| ECU Remapping| Stage 1, 2 & 3 Performance Upgrades - Self Tuning System (STB) Locked - (Powered by CubeCart)

A3 2.0 TDI Optics Black S-Line, FR&RTuning Stage 3! GT20 Hybrid Turbo, THS TFSI FMIC, Sachs performance clutch kit+SMF, Milltek 2.5" Turbo-Back Non-Res Exhaust, ITG Maxogen Induction, EGR Delete with FR&RTuning Map out, Custom Black 18" RS4, 35mm H&R springs, S3 brakes, EBC Yellowstuff, front splitter, HID Xenons, S3 tailgate Spoiler, 09 Rear Lights, Retrofit Audi Ipod, S3 Air vents, Bose sound+retrofit JBL Subwoofer 1200W.
    Milltek Cat-back Non-Res for S3 2.0T FOR SALE both 3dr and 5dr PM

Neutral

Status
    Also how much did it set you back?
    I work in the trade so not much Give steve @ Falcon Performance a ring 01642 469 632. They are also on facebook under falcon engineering

Audi Retrofitter

Status

My Social Networking

i wouldnt mind calling them but i live in London so middlesbrough is quiet a trek!
    A3 Sportback 2.0TDI

MODS:

Items for Sale

Neutral

Status
    i wouldnt mind calling them but i live in London so middlesbrough is quiet a trek!
    Yeah very true!! But you could alsogive them a ring and ask who else uses the software they use? If you ask for steve and tell you u have been speaking to Chris Green, he'll help you no end! proper pro's these people, no micky mouse here!

JNP
    1st Gear

Status
    I just had my BKD (04 engine) 140 TDI serviced and remapped by Simon @ AMD Woking and I am chuffed with the results. Car feels completely different through the gears.. even first feels a little better (it's still a diesel so let's not get carried away). He reckons it's at about 180-190 bhp now with about 300 torque. AND it was only £290 quid.
    S3 8L AMK 51' - V3 Badger TIP - Jetex Cone w/ Heatshield - Forge FMDV008 - DS2500 Front Pads - 312/256 Discs - HR Sportkit