Are 2.0tfsi quattro and 2.0tdi quattro suspension setups the same?

Shane.

Reaction score
Just out of curiosity really would coilovers from a 2.0tfsi quattro fit onto a 2.0tdi quattro or possibly even a vw golf gt tdi 4motion? After browsing a few sites it seems that they all share a common suspension setup unless I'm mistaken?

Also on same subject, what is the difference between the KW V1 and V2? IIRC it was something to do with adjustable dampening? Just wondering why people opt for the latter. Also how the V1's compare to the Weitec Hicon GT as I've heard they are pretty much identical

Thanks
Shane

Last edited:
I am pretty sure the Quattro models share the same suspension layout. I know the non Quattro variants have a different set up, more at the rear than the front. Not sure about other VAG 4WD cars...

I'm assuming they would all have same platform really, I also wondered with the S3 as I have seen some coilovers that say they fit 8P A3 quattro/S3 quattro but I was under the impression it was different?

Just spoke to DPM and they said it's brand related as to wether they will be direct fit. H&R's use the same model for the A3 2.0tfsi, 2.0tdi and S3 quattro (so assuming mk5 golf 4motion aswell) but KW uses different springs on the 2.0tdi/S3 model and the 2.0tfsi model (something about the dampers are the same so will fit all models but the springs from the tdi/s3 kit would sit lower which isn't a problem on coilovers as they could be adjusted to suit)

My latest plan is to possibly fit coilovers to this car if it doesn't sale then next car will be either 2.0TDI quattro or Mk5 GT TDI 4 motion or if money allows an S3, so if I can get parts that will switch from car to car would save me money in the long run :)

Thanks
Shane