This car is a mile-munching machine!

Vertigo1

Reaction score
Well, having just completed a 1000 mile round trip to Nurburg in the last week, I have to say that, despite being a relatively small 3-door hatchback, this car is a mile-munching machine!

Engine has plenty of grunt for relaxed motorway cruising at speed
Satnav did an epic job with clear directions and routed me round traffic
Prevailing speed limit display was a god-send when abroad and not sure what the limit is
AMI and BOSE make an awesome combination for long driving playlists
Xenons for lighting up the road ahead and auto-dimming mirrors for those behind who have them too
Switched the DIS to kilometres and used the speed display as it's easier than the km markings on the dial
Cruise control saves your right foot when driving for seven to eight hours in a day

All-in-all, seriously impressed with how it just eats the miles and lets you actually enjoy the trip rather than making it a chore :)

I've just come back from a 10-day holiday in the Southern Black Forest in Germany. Did a total of 1928 miles getting there and driving around on some super roads. Apart from a few stops to top up with diesel, no problems at all. Thoroughly enjoyable and very comfortable. Ranged from pottering around the country roads to around 120mph on the autobahn. On the drive there and back using the French autoroutes I could set the cruise control at around 90mph and almost never need to brake or disengage it. Wonderful.

Off to Geramny for another two weeks in the Mosel valley in September and taking in the German Motor Show in Frankfurt at the same time. On the way back we intend to visit the Audi Brussels plant for a factory tour as my wife has a new A1 on order.

audi's ftw i regularly go to north wales to snowdon and we always take my car as its o much more better on fuel and comfort than my mates ford focus :kissmyrings: