Recommended tyres, size 225/45 17 91Y

Dannykn9

"Cruise My Ride"
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Hi guys,

it is that time again where i need to change my rear tyres on my A3 2.0tdi 170 sport as i only have a couple mm thread left.
I currently have two Pirelli P6000'S on the front with about 6-7 mm thread(so plenty left) and two Pirelli P Zero Rosso's on the rear(now need changing). Any one recommend good tyres as i don't really want to change them to P6000's as once the front two are worn i will be changing them too. Reason being is that i have read so many negative reviews on these.
I was thinking about maybe Pirelli P Zero Asimmetrico, or even Kumho KU39's?
Need good handling in dry and wet, also good wear and most importantly low noise.
Anyones opinion good or bad on tyres would be appriciated.

Thanks guys and girls.

In the last two and a half years I did almost 18k miles on Vredestein Ultrac Sessanta's - very good handling in the wet, good handling when dry, a bit noisy and rather hard but could recommend them. Now changed to Good Year Eagle Asymmetric 2 and they are much more comfortable but got softer walls, which I could tell straight away, good grip in dry and wet.

Same size as yours.

Do you have a costco nearby? Someone mentioned earlier in the week that they were doing good prices on Michelin Pilot Sports.

Do you have a costco nearby? Someone mentioned earlier in the week that they were doing good prices on Michelin Pilot Sports.
Just called my local costco in chingford. They are doing the Michelin PS3 for a £100 fitted that includes a 20% discount only until this Sunday.
I also went on atseuromaster, and if you buy 4 Michelin tyres you get 25% off or 15% off for 2. Think I may go with ats as it is working out roughly £370 for all 4 corners which seems pretty good i think. Especially as i have been reading reviews on the Michelin PS3 and it seems they are very highly recommended and a great all round tyre. :)

Think i would rather change all four than have two half worn pirellis on the front and two brand new Michy's on the rear, will give a much much better all round performance IMHO!

Thanks mate for pointing me towards the Pilot Sport.

Last edited:
If anyone is interested, i will have two Pirelli P6000 225/45 17 91Y, both in excellent condition with about 5mm thread left. Will be looking for about £60 for the pair.
I will post this in the for sale section lads.

Good choice on the PS3s, pretty much the best all round tyre and good wear rate.