New S3 owner and forum member

orfink

Reaction score
Hi all, just wanted to say hello and post up a quick pic of my new (well will be on Thursday) S3.

It's an 07 plate with two tone leather, sat nav, phone prep, sunroof and 9k on the clock.

Apparently the previous owner didn't like it so it sat in the garage for most of it's life!!!

On countdown now, can't wait to go and pick it up :jump:

welcome to ASN! mint car by the sounds of things..

To post photos make a photobucket account (or the like) & add them into there. Get direct link and paste it into the attatch image field

I think I may have sussed it :thumbsup:

S3a.jpg

Lovely motor :)

Thanks, have to admit I am very pleased with it.

Am coming out of an 07 Mini Cooper S, though I love the Cooper it just wasn't big enough. A weekend trip away meant piling stuff on the back seat or resorting to using the company car which I don't like doing.

Have been looking for an S3 for a couple of months and found this by luck more than judgement, with the mileage and price I couldn't turn it down.

Roll on Thursday!!!

Welcome to ASN! Gorgeous S3, love Solar Orange :). The previous owner's loss is your gain, hope you enjoy it, Matey. All the best for Thursday!

Solar Orange really seems to be getting popular with new buys... car looks great, and welcome. Any plans for the S3?

Might be worth checking the mileage against the VOSA website, 9k in 4 years is very low. I am probably being overly suspicious without knowing the full details but who holds on to an expensive S3 if they happen not to like it?

I know these ultra low mileage cars exist and I hope you have found one in pristine condition, the Mercedes I have has spent most of its life garaged and has done 20,000 original miles, or 1k for every year of its life.

Better to be safe than sorry and get it checked out which I am sure you will!

Might be worth checking the mileage against the VOSA website, 9k in 4 years is very low. I am probably being overly suspicious without knowing the full details but who holds on to an expensive S3 if they happen not to like it?

I know these ultra low mileage cars exist and I hope you have found one in pristine condition, the Mercedes I have has spent most of its life garaged and has done 20,000 original miles, or 1k for every year of its life.

Better to be safe than sorry and get it checked out which I am sure you will!

Thanks for the welcomes everyone, nice to be back on a forum again.

You are right DaveyB, better to be safe than sorry, thankfully this one is genuine :yes:

Not quite as low as the car I managed to bag for the wife last year, that was an 04 plate with 2.5k on the clock!!!!!

Thanks for the welcomes everyone, nice to be back on a forum again.

You are right DaveyB, better to be safe than sorry, thankfully this one is genuine :yes:

Not quite as low as the car I managed to bag for the wife last year, that was an 04 plate with 2.5k on the clock!!!!!

Excellent stuff - really hope you enjoy the car they are awesome bits of kit :salute:

None as yet apart from driving it!!

That's the best plan you can have! Careful though, they don't have the turn in of the Mini... uprated ARBs are required to contain the understeer.

Careful though, they don't have the turn in of the Mini...

Have to admit the one thing I did notice was the slightly vague feeling on the way into corners, though it is nice to have suspension that won't break your spine everytime you hit a pothole!!!

Looking forward to the weekend, apart from the valuable time I get to spend with the better half, I'm looking at 300 ish miles of country roads :w00t:

Well had a call from the dealer earlier and I'm having to wait until tomorrow to pick up the new toy :3sadwalk:

I knew the car had gone over to Audi for a once over, oh and a new battery, apparently it's having a new ABS sensor fitted so won't be ready until late this afternoon, too late for me to face a 3-4 hour round trip.

So I decided on the morning instead, means I'm not going to be stupidly late home tonight, plus I'll be out of the office for a few hours tomorrow :yahoo: ahhh, there's the silver lining then!!!

Thought I'd throw a quick update in and first opinions!!

Finally picked it up on Friday mid-morning and have had the weekend around Wales to get to grips, so to speak.

Have to say, amazingly smooth, both in power delivery and ride comfort. Though I did have a good test drive the first 400 miles of ownership have definitely re-acquainted me nicely to the Audi brand and some of the routes through Wales definitely allowed me to test the handling :jump:

Down side is I'm not really going to have the opportunity to use it much this week, needless to say I'm counting down to the weekend!!!

Seeing as driving it much is out of the window and as we all do, I decided to use the non-driving time sensibly and put together a list of mod's, so here are my first thoughts / plans. I'd appreciate any opinions anyone has as to what, where from etc

Tinted rear-quarter and tailgate. Sorted thanks to Matt, going to be taking it into tint fx for this
Stage 1 re-map. Input definitely welcome on this one.
MY 09 or 11 rear lights. Again input welcome. as to which one's and best place to get them from.
LED drl's. Ordered on the group buy :salute:
LED numberplate light's. Again any input gratefully received on this one.

Think that's it for now :lazy: