wait for the facelift?

onianbag

Reaction score
hi everyone,

i'm seriously thinking about swapping my a4 cab 2.5tdi for a 3.2q sline dsg and was wondering whether to wait for the facelift or not (not the most patient person in the world!) do you think they will make other changes apart from cosmetic?

thanks

dont know about other changes but I would wait for the facelift (not sure I could as I am not patient).
That big grille would look nice on the 3 door (even better than the sportback I think)

PS if you dont go for it : My 3.2 is still for sale... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/angel.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif and I am sure DSG is not that important..... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Patience is a virtue, join me in my vigil for the 170 tdi... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/sleep.gif

OMG this is torture!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/swear.gif

If you do go for the facelift go for a light colour. I have a Sportback in Lava Grey and while the colour is very nice, the grille looks totally crap (IMO) mainly because of the chrome surround.

Looks best in Silver, Akoya or similar.

I think its due around September?
I like the new grill, but wait till September, no way!

In france, you can order the facelifted version as early as may, for an august delivery.

I totally agree with the color factor mentioned above. The single frame grille looks good on a light colored body, imho.

I totally disagree with you Steph, the single frame looks better, imho, on the bigger cars than on the A3, spbk or not.

Who said "opinions are like as*holes, everybody's got one" ? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

No way i could wait that long. Go without the grill

Tdi-line,why wait for the 170bhp tdi when you can buy a 140bhp tdi now and get a chip or tuningbox that will do the same thing ?

taste are what they are : pesonal, but at the end of the day if you take the standard grille now you'll always have a pre-facelift which is never great come selling time.
People will get used to that "open-mouth" grille and it will grow on them so yours will look dated

My guess is that they will make some suspension tweaks also, to bring the 3-door into line with the Sportback and Golf GTi.

And as StephV6 says, the old style car will take a hit on resale value.

(Personally, I quite like the new rear lights, which make the car look lower and wider).

i'm loathed to wait, but starting to think that may be the best option. was also going for lava grey, but think you might be right about the grill - have to wait and see......

sensible thing is to wait but I know I couldn't.
Also price may be harder to drop at dealers....

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Tdi-line,why wait for the 170bhp tdi when you can buy a 140bhp tdi now and get a chip or tuningbox that will do the same thing ?

[/ QUOTE ]

3 reasons.

Firstly, i am intrigued to see what figures it produces, especially as this will be the same lump for the Golf GTI, and we have to beat the BM brigade with the arms war. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/fuck_you.gif

Secondly, i would rather have an un-modded car (but that may change). /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif

Thirdly, i am skint, so will have enough cash saved up by the summer. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsdown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't forget the 4th reason; after you get the 170bhp versh, you can still chip it!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Because tunning 170 = 200+ /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

And also because the TDI 170 would have a new DSG capable of supporting that torque.

I have an ebony black A3 and have put a double silver coachline trim between the upper and lower grill, looks like the new grill shape for less than 2 quid, will only look ok on black cars

[ QUOTE ]
I have an ebony black A3 and have put a double silver coachline trim between the upper and lower grill, looks like the new grill shape for less than 2 quid, will only look ok on black cars

[/ QUOTE ]

got any pix of this? i've a lava grey A3 and might be interested in doing the same if it doesn't end up looking like a Blue Peter effort /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

no there's no pipe cleaners or toilet rolls involved in the procedure, i'll try and get some pix

well, i did say i was impatient! picking up a 3.2dsg s-line with dvd sat nav plus, tv,6cd next week. just could not face the wait!!!