EM TuningChris Nott
    1st Gear

Status

Brake pedal spring feel at full press

Hey all.

Lately (past 4 or 5 months) my brake pedal has this spring click when fully pressed and then when taking pressure of it slightly. It happens even when car is off. I had a look and pressed the pedal with my hands and can feel the same thing. It feels like the springy feel is in the shaft that is surrounded by the sleeve inside the footwell (sorry for my crude description). Anyone experienced something similar. My pads still got at least 50%. They squeek a bit but nothing serious but the pedal feel is not what used to be. May need fresh fluid, thinking of new pads and maybe braided lines but till then need to solve this mystery.

Thanks in advance.

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status
    no one had similar issues? can it be a brake booster issue? The S3 8Ls seemed to suffer from this but have not heard of any 8Ps having a problem. Car just ran out of warranty so maybe i can still catch it with Audi (though not likely)

1st Gear

Status
    An update on this. Went and saw my local mechanic who used to service my jap cars, quite good actually and he had a look and a feel and he noticed that the pedal kept sinking slowly after it was fully pressed. Doesn't take alot of effort. He suggested to speak to the dealer and thinks it might be the master cylinder. I have been looking online and can't seem to find any news about faulty master cylinder on the 8P. Can it be my pads are worn more now or the fluid boiled at one point or there is air? Have not noticed any leaks but could be the reason for the springy brake feel. Unfortunately my warranty expired only 2 weeks ago and pisses me off cause I made a mention of it to Doncaster and was asked to monitor it a couple of months ago.
    Anyone had an issue with the BMS?