S3 DSG remap advice MY10

darren_wheeler

Reaction score
wonder if you guys can give me the latest advise on the following:

i had an S3 DSG (MY09) that i got mapped. the net result was a real lag issue that i beleive is something to do with the map playing up with the torque converter.

i now have a MY10, and want to map the engine, but not make the same mistake again.

i know there are a few companies that seem to have cracked the DSG codes and have flashes that upgrade DSG.

anyone have first hand experience of this though that can help out with any advice.

i know the whole mapping issues has been done to death, but i am struggling to get much hands on info of this.

Many thanks in advance.

I might be being dumb here.. But I'm pretty sure the whole point of dsg is that it doesn't have a torque converter!? :uhm:

Reactions: MartayMcFly
"This plane doesn't even have phalanges."

Any lag brought on by a remap is more likely to do with requesting too much boost, or the engine not getting enough cold air (heat soak in the intake) leading to the ecu leaning out the air/fuel mix.

As far as I know (admittedly, not very far) DSG remaps alter settings like not automatically changing up when you hit the limiter, and how aggressively the 'box changes gear.

the last one was with Custom Code, and i ended up reversing it to standard again as it was so laggy.

i took this current one to Paramount Performance ( Slough) for a map last week. it ran 263 premap and 271 post Quantum map. no one could explain it and it is now std again. Having asked everyone around, no one seems to have successfully mapped an DSG S3, and most that have tried it seem to have problems.

i have spoken to the guys at Revo who want to sell me a map for the DSG as well as the engine map, but once again they seem to know very little about tuning the TFSi DSG to 300bhp succesfully.

I have a 59 plate S3 DSG running a stage 1 Revo map and can honestly say that there have been no issues at all, my only complaint would be that it is very difficult to get a good launch from standstill (I have not tried the launch control yet) as there is no way to get the revs up before the car pulls away so you have to wait until the revs climb to about 2500 rpm before you get the kick in the back. Other than that I have had no issues at all.
Alternatively you could try AMD Technic.

Last edited:
I have a 59 plate S3 DSG running a stage 1 Revo map and can honestly say that there have been no issues at all, my only complaint would be that it is very difficult to get a good launch from standstill (I have not tried the launch control yet) as there is no way to get the revs up before the car pulls away so you have to wait until the revs climb to about 2500 rpm before you get the kick in the back. Other than that I have had no issues at all.
Alternatively you could try AMD Technic.

As above, no issues with my remap. I haven't got the DSG box remapped, but I have a Shark Performance Stage 1 engine remap on my MY10 S3 S Tronic and have no issue whatsoever with lag or indeed anything else. I'll be going stage 2 in a couple of weeks.

I'm running a Bluefin with no issues on my 2010 S3 S-Tronic.

I've only done a few long drives in it, but seems absolutely fine to me.