AH FabricationsChris Nott
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By quattro81

Thread: S3 DSG remap advice MY10

Neutral

Status

S3 DSG remap advice MY10

wonder if you guys can give me the latest advise on the following:

i had an S3 DSG (MY09) that i got mapped. the net result was a real lag issue that i beleive is something to do with the map playing up with the torque converter.

i now have a MY10, and want to map the engine, but not make the same mistake again.

i know there are a few companies that seem to have cracked the DSG codes and have flashes that upgrade DSG.

anyone have first hand experience of this though that can help out with any advice.

i know the whole mapping issues has been done to death, but i am struggling to get much hands on info of this.

Many thanks in advance.
    S3 S-Back, Black Ed, Ibis, DSG, nav, buckets, folding mirrors, panoramic roof, park, adaptive, AMI, Tech Pack, non smoke pack, int light pack , Bose, VMR 710-19's et45, Eibach ARB Fr and Rear, H&R 25mm springs, light smoke tints. Mirrors Colour coded. Shark Stg 1

2. # ADS
    ADS

All the gear.. No idea

Status
    I might be being dumb here.. But I'm pretty sure the whole point of dsg is that it doesn't have a torque converter!?
    MartayMcFly likes this.
    Red is the colour..

6th Gear

Status
    "This plane doesn't even have phalanges."

Any lag brought on by a remap is more likely to do with requesting too much boost, or the engine not getting enough cold air (heat soak in the intake) leading to the ecu leaning out the air/fuel mix.

As far as I know (admittedly, not very far) DSG remaps alter settings like not automatically changing up when you hit the limiter, and how aggressively the 'box changes gear.
    Hunt is over

1st Audi - 2001 Ming Blue 8L S3 210
    2nd Audi - 2008 Black 8P2 S3 3dr
    and now - 2007 Daytona Grey B7 RS4 saloon

Reverse Gear

Status
    Who mapped it....!

Neutral

Status
    the last one was with Custom Code, and i ended up reversing it to standard again as it was so laggy.

i took this current one to Paramount Performance ( Slough) for a map last week. it ran 263 premap and 271 post Quantum map. no one could explain it and it is now std again. Having asked everyone around, no one seems to have successfully mapped an DSG S3, and most that have tried it seem to have problems.

i have spoken to the guys at Revo who want to sell me a map for the DSG as well as the engine map, but once again they seem to know very little about tuning the TFSi DSG to 300bhp succesfully.
    S3 S-Back, Black Ed, Ibis, DSG, nav, buckets, folding mirrors, panoramic roof, park, adaptive, AMI, Tech Pack, non smoke pack, int light pack , Bose, VMR 710-19's et45, Eibach ARB Fr and Rear, H&R 25mm springs, light smoke tints. Mirrors Colour coded. Shark Stg 1

S3 Owner

Status
    I have a 59 plate S3 DSG running a stage 1 Revo map and can honestly say that there have been no issues at all, my only complaint would be that it is very difficult to get a good launch from standstill (I have not tried the launch control yet) as there is no way to get the revs up before the car pulls away so you have to wait until the revs climb to about 2500 rpm before you get the kick in the back. Other than that I have had no issues at all.
    Alternatively you could try AMD Technic.
    Last edited by taylorc; 28th June 2011 at 14:32.

Banana Menace!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by taylorc View Post
    I have a 59 plate S3 DSG running a stage 1 Revo map and can honestly say that there have been no issues at all, my only complaint would be that it is very difficult to get a good launch from standstill (I have not tried the launch control yet) as there is no way to get the revs up before the car pulls away so you have to wait until the revs climb to about 2500 rpm before you get the kick in the back. Other than that I have had no issues at all.
    Alternatively you could try AMD Technic.
    As above, no issues with my remap. I haven't got the DSG box remapped, but I have a Shark Performance Stage 1 engine remap on my MY10 S3 S Tronic and have no issue whatsoever with lag or indeed anything else. I'll be going stage 2 in a couple of weeks.
    MY10 S3 8P3 S-TRONIC, IMOLA YELLOW
    SHARK PERFORMANCE STAGE 2
    - GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN!

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

Add N8 on Facebook Visit N8's Instagram Channel
    Shark is where its at

"Will these wheel fit my car PM's will not be replied to, do you research & use the SEARCH button"

Detailing - Wheel Refurbishment - Shark Performance Software - VagbremTechnic Dealer - OEM Retrofitting - Remus - V-Maxx - Goodridge

On a journey...

Status
    I'm running a Bluefin with no issues on my 2010 S3 S-Tronic.

I've only done a few long drives in it, but seems absolutely fine to me.
    S3 Sportback S-Tronic (2010) - Brilliant Red
    Technology Pack (RNSE 2, Bluetooth, 6-CD stack), BOSE, roof rails, 2 child seats and 310bhp