AH FabricationsMonster Motorsport
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: GROUPBUY: - Canbus LED bulbs to replace halogen DRL bulbs

WWW.APR-REMAPS.CO.UK

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by orfink View Post
    I decided to order the decoders from Andi for the sidelight errors I was having, though I haven't fitted them yet I'm hoping it will cure the problem.

I'd much rather that than changing them out for incandescent lamps.
    T

Dont worry the extra little decoders seem to satisfy the sidelights without any trouble its just the drl thats been a pig on the 07/08 a3 / s3

2. # ADS
    ADS

Neutral

Status
    Anymore pics of the DRLs fitted for those that bought them? I'm still waiting to fit mine as have been working away, so would appreciate pics of them in different light levels including the daytime please as am looking to upgrade the main beam bulbs as well.

LIVING THE GOOD LIFE

Status

returns!!

Quote Originally Posted by buffalino View Post
    ANDI YOU SENT ME THE WRONG BULBS!! i sent you a p,m, can you get back to me as soon as possible

just sent them back to you,,!! hope your going to reimburse the postage as well please,,, 5quid from england and 3quid from spain?? thanks,, and sorry the other give up error on the 07, otherwise i would have had them!!

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by andi1 View Post
    T

Dont worry the extra little decoders seem to satisfy the sidelights without any trouble its just the drl thats been a pig on the 07/08 a3 / s3
    add my 2006 to that list. US spec

No misfires.

Status
    Ok so I had the auto electrics guy take a look at the motor over the weekend.

With regards to the DRL, they are actually drawing quite a bit more resistance than the standard P21w incandescent bulbs (which is the opposite to what they should be doing). Unfortunately it doesn’t look like you can take resistance away therefore I don’t think there is a fix for them. We think the errors are appearing due to them taking more current than normal, rather than too little.

So with that being that I’m all out of ideas..
    07' S3 8P2 Phantom Black Pearl

91' Mercedes 300SL R129 Pearl Grey

Reverse Gear

Status
    Hi i dont suppose you have the PS19W in stock do you mate

Neutral

Status
    Hello Bud, Im sure your sick of questions about the HID Kit lol, but do the special ones have the main beam in them aswell? im abit of a novice with this sort of thing i have an 2004 tdi A3 and want a 6000k hid kit but want it to have the main beam as well. also what bulbs would i need to match for my sidelights?

Pm me please

thanks Adam
    A3 1.9 TDI/Genuine RS6 Alloys/H&R Spacers/S3 Vents

1st Gear

Status
    I´m gettting errors on both bulbs too :-(
    ´06 A3 Sportback 3.2 Quattro DSG with the most important gadgets and gizmos :-)

Neutral

Status
    So I finally got round to fitting the bulbs and am very pleased with them (no errors), however, I was wondering what dipped/main beam bulbs everyone is using as obviously the standard yellowy halogens don't go with the DRLs? Pictures would be greatly appreciated of how the bulbs look with the DRLs.

My XBL GT - ii solly uk ii

Status

My Social Networking

Follow Solly On Twitter Visit Solly's Instagram Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by Vazza View Post
    So I finally got round to fitting the bulbs and am very pleased with them (no errors), however, I was wondering what dipped/main beam bulbs everyone is using as obviously the standard yellowy halogens don't go with the DRLs? Pictures would be greatly appreciated of how the bulbs look with the DRLs.
    im using phillips diamond vision h7's ill get a picture tonight if you want when it gets darker?
    Audi A3 1.6 Tdi Teknik Package Cabriolet 2011 :D , Ibis White -Ipod dock - Parking Sensors - Bluetooth - Aircon - leather trimmed MFSW - Electric roof -heat-insulating glass - Center armrest - Electric heated mirrors - Stop/Start system - Separate DRL - Fishing Rod holder.

Need Parts just ask for a quote

LOOKING FOR A TT V6 2007 on or a TT 2.0 T FSI 2007 on? 11-14K

Neutral

Status
    That would be great, thanks.

1st Gear

Status
    +1

Status

My Social Networking

That would be great, thanks.
    ball's sorry mate i totally forgot all about it, ill 100% do it tonight .
    Audi A3 1.6 Tdi Teknik Package Cabriolet 2011 :D , Ibis White -Ipod dock - Parking Sensors - Bluetooth - Aircon - leather trimmed MFSW - Electric roof -heat-insulating glass - Center armrest - Electric heated mirrors - Stop/Start system - Separate DRL - Fishing Rod holder.

1st Gear

Status
    =SOLD=
    im selling my ps19w my10 drl leds. i have been unable to remove the standard bulbs. £20 inc shipping
    =SOLD=
    Last edited by Harrelson; 31st August 2011 at 22:11.
    2009 A3 1.6 TDI Sport Phantom Black, iPod and RNSe

Status

My Social Networking

bare in mind the sun light is shining right on my car and its a sunny day today ill take some pics after work wen its a bit darker...

high setting (DRL)

Head lights and sidelight

low setting (sidelight)

Status

My Social Networking

low setting at night

high setting at night

headlights and side

Neutral

Status
    Hi Solly, thanks for taking the time to snap some pics, really appreciate it!

1st Gear

Status
    Hi solly did you get the bulbs from fleabay or do you have a link,that's the look I'm after

Cheers

Status

My Social Networking

hey mate heres the ones ive bought i researched for ages and these came out bar far the best

H7 PHILIPS DIAMOND VISION H7 5000k CAR BULBS PHILIPS H7 | eBay

crisp white light

1st Gear

Status
    Nice one cheers solly

Status

My Social Networking

Quote Originally Posted by Chris71 View Post
    Nice one cheers solly
    no worries dude

1st Gear

Status
    Bulbs sent back a few days ago, should be with you by now

Can you let me know when I will be refunded plz

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Solly View Post
    hey mate heres the ones ive bought i researched for ages and these came out bar far the best

H7 PHILIPS DIAMOND VISION H7 5000k CAR BULBS PHILIPS H7 | eBay

crisp white light
    Are they good bulbs, bright and a white light? They aren't road legal in the UK are they? So i've read on the 'powerbulbs' website.
    Audi A3 2.0L TDI S-Line Sportback

Status

My Social Networking

Quote Originally Posted by AidenUK View Post
    Are they good bulbs, bright and a white light? They aren't road legal in the UK are they? So i've read on the 'powerbulbs' website.
    yeah, there not road legal but neither is putting hid kits in cars with normal halogyn headlights but people do... and neither are blue colour'd led bulbs but people do, and neither is any hid kit over 6000k... but ....

there just crisp white light, ther not blinding ther still only 55w... up to you ive never been pulled for headlight bulbs ever... its a load of shiite just covers the seller...

Status

My Social Networking

LIVING THE GOOD LIFE

Status
    WHATS HAPPEN ANDI,,YOU DONT ANSWER MY MAIL,, HEARD NOTHING FROM YOU NEED TO KNOW WHATS HAPPENING WITH MY WONGA?? open a dispute against you in paypal,, need some answers its been 3 weeks now,, not good!!

6th Gear

Status
    yeah, there not road legal but neither is putting hid kits in cars with normal halogyn headlights but people do... and neither are blue colour'd led bulbs but people do, and neither is any hid kit over 6000k... but ....

there just crisp white light, ther not blinding ther still only 55w... up to you ive never been pulled for headlight bulbs ever... its a load of shiite just covers the seller...
    I'm not knocking it mate i was just asking the question, i have been thinking about a set of these because i like the colour the produce.

Status

My Social Networking

Quote Originally Posted by AidenUK View Post
    I'm not knocking it mate i was just asking the question, i have been thinking about a set of these because i like the colour the produce.
    lol i read it back didnt mean it to sound like i was having a go lol, well in my opinion ive had the osram ones and ther eok but i rate these so much better need to really shine them on a wall and put a standard one in one side and keep a phillips one in the other and show u the difrence

6th Gear

Status
    lol i read it back didnt mean it to sound like i was having a go lol, well in my opinion ive had the osram ones and ther eok but i rate these so much better need to really shine them on a wall and put a standard one in one side and keep a phillips one in the other and show u the difrence
    It's OK. What do you rate better though, the brightness or the colour? My A3 is an 8P2 and doesn't have those fancy side lights like yours, is the bulb fitment still the same? I'd be wanting side lights too to go with the dipped headlights.

Status

My Social Networking

yeah which means you would need error free side lights, the colour and the brightness erm well the colour is as white as your going to get without being blue or yellow, and there perfect brightness just the same as standard ones if not better.. ill get another pic later ill change one bk to the normal bulb its not to hard... yeah my bulb fitment is the same but i have a Day time running bulb for a sidelight.

1st Gear

Status
    yeah which means you would need error free side lights, the colour and the brightness erm well the colour is as white as your going to get without being blue or yellow, and there perfect brightness just the same as standard ones if not better.. ill get another pic later ill change one bk to the normal bulb its not to hard... yeah my bulb fitment is the same but i have a Day time running bulb for a sidelight.
    That would be good solly to see the difference between the two

Status

My Social Networking

Quote Originally Posted by Chris71 View Post
    That would be good solly to see the difference between the two
    yeah sound ill do it later mate

Status

My Social Networking

left is Phillips right is up rated halogen couldn't find a normal one but the right one isnt in properly so beam pattern isn't best

6th Gear

Status
    Nice one,. picture helps a lot, might have to purchase some of these now seeing as the my dipped beam on the right has just popped.

4th Gear

Status
    May i ask where you bought these from as i need the LED plus the HIDS for my MY09 A3 sport and it looks like AND1 has hone awol.
    low setting at night

high setting at night

headlights and side

1st Gear

Status
    His site states that he is closed until 2nd sept which was yesterday so im sure he will be back soon

WWW.APR-REMAPS.CO.UK

Status
    Just got back off holiday guys il get round to replying to pm`s by monday thanks

Call me Dan :)

Status
    Andi,

After changing my bulbs at the weekend, I realised the bulb is in a holder, do you get this holder with your hid kit?
    AudiA3 2.0TDI S-Line

Phantom Black | Leather Seats | Heated Seats | Black Optics | AMI | Badges Deletion | Rear Sunblind | Armrest | Darkened Glass | S3 Chrome Grill | H+R 10mm Spacers up Front | H+R 13mm Spacer at Rear | Mtec Cosmos Blue Bulbs | Cared for Paint Work |

WWW.APR-REMAPS.CO.UK

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Chappy View Post
    Andi,

After changing my bulbs at the weekend, I realised the bulb is in a holder, do you get this holder with your hid kit?
    yea we have modified holders

thanks

Reverse Gear

Status
    Andi - Do you still have the LED DRL's for my10 models?, what is the lead time on delivery now and is the paypal option still live mfrom the link you posted?

Cheers