AH FabricationsMonster Motorsport
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Results 201 to 240 of 356
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: GROUPBUY: - Canbus LED bulbs to replace halogen DRL bulbs

  1. #201
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    249
    Quote Originally Posted by orfink View Post
    If you want them to match then yes, you need the LED side light bulb, post 38 here GROUPBUY: - Canbus LED bulbs to replace halogen DRL bulbs

    They do match up and look pretty damn good, though I am having errors up on the OBC
    Brilliant, cheers

    Just ordered

  2. # ADS
    ADS
    Join Date
    Always
    Posts
    Many
     
  3. #202
    Peachy's Avatar
    Bazinga!

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Aberdeen/Glasgow
    Posts
    240
    Quote Originally Posted by andi1 View Post
    Its weird how it works its very random that some S3`S are fine with the p21w and and others get an error same with the sidelights although we have found a soloution top that theres some extra plug in decoders available £6.50 (see further up thread they have been mentioned) a guy off here has tested them and they sorted the sidelights out on his pm me if you need to order them

    thanks
    So just to clarify, if an error message comes on then I need to buy plug in decoders? I thought the sidelights were supposed to be error free on their own?

    Thanks
    Lauryn

  4. #203
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Birmingham, West Midlands
    Posts
    64
    Quote Originally Posted by Peachy View Post
    So just to clarify, if an error message comes on then I need to buy plug in decoders? I thought the sidelights were supposed to be error free on their own?

    Thanks
    Lauryn
    what she said
    Play: 2007 Audi S3 in Solar Orange SOLD

    Work: 2010 SAAB 93 in Graphite Grey

    Gone but not forgotten... Mini Cooper S, BMW E92 Coupe, Volvo S40, Audi A4, VW Golf GTi, VW Passat
    BMW K1200R, Ducati S4R, Suzuki GSXR 6, Kawasaki ZX6R, Honda CB6F

  5. #204
    Chappy's Avatar
    Call me Dan :)

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Grimsby, UK
    Posts
    449
    I'd like the DRLs but as said, I'll need some main beams bulbs to match, had HIDS before but prefer to save for the proper Bi-Xenons.
    I've had Seats for the past few years, I'd like a car with no warning lights on the dash
    AudiA3 2.0TDI S-Line

    Phantom Black | Leather Seats | Heated Seats | Black Optics | AMI | Badges Deletion | Rear Sunblind | Armrest | Darkened Glass | S3 Chrome Grill | H+R 10mm Spacers up Front | H+R 13mm Spacer at Rear | Mtec Cosmos Blue Bulbs | Cared for Paint Work |



  6. #205
    WWW.APR-REMAPS.CO.UK

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    DONCASTER
    Posts
    222
    RE Problem sidelights applies to 2007/2008 s3`s only


    It has become apparent that some 2007/2008 s3 are having issues - To clarify the LED sidelights we did at near cost they are canbus and work fine on many models but the odd car s3 in particular it seems are more sensitive than others so on these cars you may need some extra PLUG IN DECODERS @ £6.50 a pair not wire in resistors like you may have come accross before. The decoders actually cost more than the LEDS believe it or not but if they work and get them working then its still a soloution to the problem for under £15 total

    Of course if you would rather have a refund that no issue either.

    We wasnt aware of this until we ran the groupbuy as i dont have a 2007/2008 s3 to test upon.

    Please PM me if you having issues on your 2007/2008 s3 car.

    As for the DRL situation on some the 2008 s3`s also im waiting for one of the members to report back if a fix has worked for him. (will report back soon)

    Thanks
    Last edited by andi1; 1st August 2011 at 11:52.

  7. #206
    DaveyB's Avatar
    No misfires.

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    268
    andi1 has anyone reported back to you on the DRL P21W and if they cause errors in the reverse light?
    07' S3 8P2 Phantom Black Pearl

    91' Mercedes 300SL R129 Pearl Grey

  8. #207
    Peachy's Avatar
    Bazinga!

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Aberdeen/Glasgow
    Posts
    240
    Quote Originally Posted by andi1 View Post
    RE Problem sidelights applies to 2007/2008 s3`s only


    It has become apparent that some 2007/2008 s3 are having issues - To clarify the LED sidelights we did at near cost they are canbus and work fine on many models but the odd car s3 in particular it seems are more sensitive than others so on these cars you may need some extra PLUG IN DECODERS @ £6.50 a pair not wire in resistors like you may have come accross before. The decoders actually cost more than the LEDS believe it or not but if they work and get them working then its still a soloution to the problem for under £15 total

    Of course if you would rather have a refund that no issue either.

    We wasnt aware of this until we ran the groupbuy as i dont have a 2007/2008 s3 to test upon.

    Please PM me if you having issues on your 2007/2008 s3 car.

    As for the DRL situation on some the 2008 s3`s also im waiting for one of the members to report back if a fix has worked for him. (will report back soon)

    Thanks
    Hi Andi,

    I don't want to sound arsey but I bought error free bulbs, and they have an error. It might only be £6.50 for the decoders but I don't see why I should have to purchase an additional product to make the bulbs function as originally described and intended.

    Please advise,
    Thanks
    Lauryn

  9. #208
    WWW.APR-REMAPS.CO.UK

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    DONCASTER
    Posts
    222
    Quote Originally Posted by Peachy View Post
    Hi Andi,

    I don't want to sound arsey but I bought error free bulbs, and they have an error. It might only be £6.50 for the decoders but I don't see why I should have to purchase an additional product to make the bulbs function as originally described and intended.

    Please advise,
    Thanks
    Lauryn
    With all due respect we only did the canbus sidelights at near cost as a compliment to the drl groupbuy and help folk out wo wanted them to match. If id have charged £14.99 for them then ofcourse i could have included and factored in the cost of some decoders should they have been needed.

    Canbus are tricky and especially the audis it seems its even almost random so if ones cars need are different to another im afraid its hard for us to know exactly which each cars requirements are . I try to test mylself on my cars a3 09 and golf 05 but my a3 doesnt even use sidelights.

    If you would like to return them for a refund ive sent you a pm with the address thats fine.
    Last edited by andi1; 1st August 2011 at 22:50.

  10. #209
    WWW.APR-REMAPS.CO.UK

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    DONCASTER
    Posts
    222
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveyB View Post
    andi1 has anyone reported back to you on the DRL P21W and if they cause errors in the reverse light?
    Ive got them in the reverse on my 09 a3 and theyre faultless it would be interestingto know if they work on your 07/08 s3?

  11. #210
    Reverse Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Poland
    Posts
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by Peachy View Post
    I fitted these today and they look really good, but I'm still having warning lights come on

    It says that the sidelight/DRL on the right is the problem, is there anything I can do? All DRLs and sidelights are working spot on but it's just the error message that's bothering me.

    Thanks
    Lauryn
    Hello,

    I have the same problem. Lights are working, but with error.

    Maciek

  12. #211
    WWW.APR-REMAPS.CO.UK

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    DONCASTER
    Posts
    222
    Quote Originally Posted by pi100let View Post
    Hello,

    I have the same problem. Lights are working, but with error.

    Maciek
    Which lights though sidelights or drls?

    I take it as your hjave a 07/08 s3>?

    If so we are waiting for confirmation from another member that a solution may work to fix this on these particular vehicles.

  13. #212
    shady-ninja's Avatar
    4th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    843
    do you also supply xenon HID kits to fit a standard AUDI A3 2009 model headlight. how much does it cost.
    does it have a more focust beam to compensate for the absence of projector lense.

  14. #213
    DaveyB's Avatar
    No misfires.

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    268
    andi1 FYI

    I tried the P21W DRL in my 2007 S3 reverse light and it was error free.

    Cheers
    07' S3 8P2 Phantom Black Pearl

    91' Mercedes 300SL R129 Pearl Grey

  15. #214
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    32
    andi1
    I ordered (PS19W's) on Friday any idea when i might get em?
    It's just that I'm planning to go to the Audi's in the park venue on the Sunday and would be nice to show these off.
    Plus it'll take everyone's eye off the crappy alloy's I have on mine...they look more like wheel covers!
    58 plate A3 standard 2.0 TDI DSG

  16. #215
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Dumfries and Galloway
    Posts
    148
    Please tell me you have the ones for 2010 A3 still available? Do you have paypal?

  17. #216
    WWW.APR-REMAPS.CO.UK

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    DONCASTER
    Posts
    222
    Quote Originally Posted by shady-ninja View Post
    do you also supply xenon HID kits to fit a standard AUDI A3 2009 model headlight. how much does it cost.
    does it have a more focust beam to compensate for the absence of projector lense.
    yes i use one on my 58 reg facelift without any isues its a special kit prce is £99.99 and id chuck i a free set of the ps19w leds to matchg (pics further up the thread of both the hids and leds)

    only way you will get a perfetc cutoff is to to use a proper lens though remember

  18. #217
    WWW.APR-REMAPS.CO.UK

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    DONCASTER
    Posts
    222
    Quote Originally Posted by rennie View Post
    andi1
    I ordered (PS19W's) on Friday any idea when i might get em?
    It's just that I'm planning to go to the Audi's in the park venue on the Sunday and would be nice to show these off.
    Plus it'll take everyone's eye off the crappy alloy's I have on mine...they look more like wheel covers!
    58 plate A3 standard 2.0 TDI DSG
    On there way bud

  19. #218
    WWW.APR-REMAPS.CO.UK

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    DONCASTER
    Posts
    222
    Quote Originally Posted by mx_rab View Post
    Please tell me you have the ones for 2010 A3 still available? Do you have paypal?
    hi yes you need ps19w link further up the thread to order those by paypal

  20. #219
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Dumfries and Galloway
    Posts
    148
    Payment made through paypal for a pair of ps19w LED.

  21. #220
    Reverse Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    1
    Just sent through payment for PS19W LED's
    Cheers

  22. #221
    shady-ninja's Avatar
    4th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    843
    do you have pics to show
    Quote Originally Posted by andi1 View Post
    yes i use one on my 58 reg facelift without any isues its a special kit prce is £99.99 and id chuck i a free set of the ps19w leds to matchg (pics further up the thread of both the hids and leds)

    only way you will get a perfetc cutoff is to to use a proper lens though remember

  23. #222
    WWW.APR-REMAPS.CO.UK

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    DONCASTER
    Posts
    222
    Here you are:-


  24. #223
    shady-ninja's Avatar
    4th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    843
    looks fantastic mate.
    are these HIDS on projecktor headlights or standard headlights.
    Quote Originally Posted by andi1 View Post
    Here you are:-


  25. #224
    WWW.APR-REMAPS.CO.UK

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    DONCASTER
    Posts
    222
    Hids conversion kit on std lights

  26. #225
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    249
    Right got both the DRLs & sidelights today and spent the best part of an hour trying to get them to work on my 2007 A3 bixenon setup with no luck.

    Both DRLs throw up errors im afraid - tried swapping bulbs around etc with no luck

    The sidelighrs work without error but no matter what I try I just cant get my sidelight holders to clip into the headlight when these bulbs are
    in. Popped the halogens back in and holders clip back in straight away.
    Last edited by fizz; 5th August 2011 at 15:46.

  27. #226
    WWW.APR-REMAPS.CO.UK

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    DONCASTER
    Posts
    222
    Quote Originally Posted by fizz View Post
    Right got both the DRLs & sidelights today and spent the best part of an hour trying to get them to work on my 2007 A3 bixenon setup with no luck.

    Both DRLs throw up errors im afraid - tried swapping bulbs around etc with no luck

    The sidelighrs work without error but no matter what I try I just cant get my sidelight holders to clip into the headlight when these bulbs are
    in. Popped the halogens back in and holders clip back in straight away.
    yes

    we are aware of the issue oin some 07/08 s3 others cars seem fine

    were looking into a fix and it shouldnt be long if there is one that works.

  28. #227
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    249
    Quote Originally Posted by andi1 View Post
    yes

    we are aware of the issue oin some 07/08 s3 others cars seem fine

    were looking into a fix and it shouldnt be long if there is one that works.
    Mines an A3 not S3

  29. #228
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Preston
    Posts
    64
    Thanks for the ps19w LED bulbs andi1, fitted in an hour and look brilliant much better than the standard bulb and the nokya ones available!

  30. #229
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    249
    Any news andi?

    Just to say again ive got the bulb out errors and mines an A3 not S3

  31. #230
    WWW.APR-REMAPS.CO.UK

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    DONCASTER
    Posts
    222
    Quote Originally Posted by fizz View Post
    Any news andi?

    Just to say again ive got the bulb out errors and mines an A3 not S3
    Should know shortly daveb is testing some decoders out

  32. #231
    DaveyB's Avatar
    No misfires.

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    268
    Ok bit of an update: Unfortunately I haven't had any luck with the decoders and for my S3 at least they are not going to fix the warnings on the DIS.

    However I'm not giving up just yet. I have contacted my local auto electrician who used to work at Porsche. I'm going to get him to take a look whilst I get an air con service. What this guy doesn't know about auto electrics isn't worth knowing so fingers crossed.

    I will report back on any findings/solutions!
    Last edited by DaveyB; 10th August 2011 at 07:39.
    07' S3 8P2 Phantom Black Pearl

    91' Mercedes 300SL R129 Pearl Grey

  33. #232
    Shez's Avatar
    Sheridan

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Brighton
    Posts
    73
    Hi Andi

    I recently (Sunday) ordered a set of DRL lights (21watt versions) for my a4 from yourself (you posted in the b7 section about this group buy) great service the lights arrived yesterday. I tried to fit them last night the bulbs light when the DRL lights are on however they throw an error for both the headlight Main beams saying both left and right main beam are blown. All the lights work as they should just giving this error on the main beam, any ideas? Replaced with the original halogen bulbs and normal service is resumed.

    Thanks in advance

    Shez
    A4 Cabriolet 2.0T Special Edition in Quartz Grey with Black leather, parking distance control, bi-Xenon headlights, Bose sound, Synphony Cd, Comfort pack (Electric memory seats, auto dimming rear view mirror, auto dimming folding mirrors, Auto lights & wipers),Heated seats, Auto air recert, Colour DIS, I-pod connection, Wind deflector.
    Mods: LEDs inside and out, Revo, Milltek, Dension Ice, smart top

  34. #233
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    249

    Refund

    Hi andi

    How do I go about getting a refund on these as they clearly dont work (for me anyway)?
    Thats all 4 by the way.

  35. #234
    Reverse Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    13
    Andi, what a nightmare after waiting so long for these bulbs mine are throwing up faults, its a pity as they look great but I am not prepared to drive around with light bulb failure warning light up .........in your opening thread you assured us that these bulbs would not bring up faults !!..... clearly they do and you my friend need to apologies to a lot of people who put faith in you to deliver on your promise....taking peoples money making them wait for upwards of 6 weeks only to recieve bulbs that are clearly not fit for purpose leaves a lot to be desired ....I was going to try my luck on e-bay but after your assurances I thought would try yours...... well I am sorry I did from getting my order wrong to having fault giving bulbs the whole experience has been a disaster......

    I await your PM with details how to get my refund
    ...Michael

  36. #235
    WWW.APR-REMAPS.CO.UK

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    DONCASTER
    Posts
    222
    Quote Originally Posted by audiudo View Post
    Andi, what a nightmare after waiting so long for these bulbs mine are throwing up faults, its a pity as they look great but I am not prepared to drive around with light bulb failure warning light up .........in your opening thread you assured us that these bulbs would not bring up faults !!..... clearly they do and you my friend need to apologies to a lot of people who put faith in you to deliver on your promise....taking peoples money making them wait for upwards of 6 weeks only to recieve bulbs that are clearly not fit for purpose leaves a lot to be desired ....I was going to try my luck on e-bay but after your assurances I thought would try yours...... well I am sorry I did from getting my order wrong to having fault giving bulbs the whole experience has been a disaster......

    I await your PM with details how to get my refund
    ...Michael
    Michael i take yours was an older a3 model using p21w ? - Read further up the thread you will see weve been doing everying in our power to solve this problem but it seems the 2007/ 08 cars are more sensitive than others the later cars are less sensitive strangely, Later cars like mine which we tested these on are A ok.

    The p21w canbus do in fact work in the reverse lights without error so they can be used there strangely without any issues should you choose to or of course if you would like a refund instead thats no problem drop me a pm.

    I cant work magic im afraid and cars are cars and they can be unpredictable but we do our best and we are pushing the boundries here with new stuff !
    Last edited by andi1; 11th August 2011 at 23:21.

  37. #236
    Chappy's Avatar
    Call me Dan :)

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Grimsby, UK
    Posts
    449
    Quote Originally Posted by audiudo View Post
    Andi, what a nightmare after waiting so long for these bulbs mine are throwing up faults, its a pity as they look great but I am not prepared to drive around with light bulb failure warning light up .........in your opening thread you assured us that these bulbs would not bring up faults !!..... clearly they do and you my friend need to apologies to a lot of people who put faith in you to deliver on your promise....taking peoples money making them wait for upwards of 6 weeks only to recieve bulbs that are clearly not fit for purpose leaves a lot to be desired ....I was going to try my luck on e-bay but after your assurances I thought would try yours...... well I am sorry I did from getting my order wrong to having fault giving bulbs the whole experience has been a disaster......

    I await your PM with details how to get my refund
    ...Michael
    Bit over the top that?
    He's tried his best to suit everyone's needs and I'm sure Andi has tried to help people out best he can.

    Andi, quick question, have you had any issues at all with the HID kit? From yourself or other people who've bought the kit?
    AudiA3 2.0TDI S-Line

    Phantom Black | Leather Seats | Heated Seats | Black Optics | AMI | Badges Deletion | Rear Sunblind | Armrest | Darkened Glass | S3 Chrome Grill | H+R 10mm Spacers up Front | H+R 13mm Spacer at Rear | Mtec Cosmos Blue Bulbs | Cared for Paint Work |



  38. #237
    buffalino's Avatar
    LIVING THE GOOD LIFE

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    barcelona
    Posts
    75
    ANDI YOU SENT ME THE WRONG BULBS!! i sent you a p,m, can you get back to me as soon as possible

  39. #238
    WWW.APR-REMAPS.CO.UK

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    DONCASTER
    Posts
    222
    Quote Originally Posted by Chappy View Post
    Bit over the top that?
    He's tried his best to suit everyone's needs and I'm sure Andi has tried to help people out best he can.

    Andi, quick question, have you had any issues at all with the HID kit? From yourself or other people who've bought the kit?

    Hi ive been running the SPECIAL HID kit in my 58 reg a3 for over a year now without any issues

    They have a canbus decoder systen on them and the ballasts are earthed to chassis with littyle wires much different to the "ebay hid malarky"

    thanks

  40. #239
    DaveyB's Avatar
    No misfires.

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    268
    I can understand the frustration as a good few of us have errors that were unexpected. Its a tad regrettable that andi1 didnt have all the relevant models to test on but such is life, as far as I can tell a refund offer has always been on the table.

    I'm probably going to have to shell out a few quid more to try and get them working without errors but i'd rather do that than resort to putting the dull yellow incandescent bulbs back in. Furthermore these LED's do seem of good quality and if I can get them working I'd much rather have them than some dodgy overpriced incandescents off ebay or even the other well known manufacturers.

    Whilst upgrading headlight bulbs should be fairly fool proof, it would seem that these days it clearly isn't. It's for problems like this that I'm not into modding anymore, it's too much hassle. These problems go with the territory when you stray from standard, it's the nature of the game.
    07' S3 8P2 Phantom Black Pearl

    91' Mercedes 300SL R129 Pearl Grey

  41. #240
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Birmingham, West Midlands
    Posts
    64
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveyB View Post
    I can understand the frustration as a good few of us have errors that were unexpected. Its a tad regrettable that andi1 didnt have all the relevant models to test on but such is life, as far as I can tell a refund offer has always been on the table.

    I'm probably going to have to shell out a few quid more to try and get them working without errors but i'd rather do that than resort to putting the dull yellow incandescent bulbs back in. Furthermore these LED's do seem of good quality and if I can get them working I'd much rather have them than some dodgy overpriced incandescents off ebay or even the other well known manufacturers.

    Whilst upgrading headlight bulbs should be fairly fool proof, it would seem that these days it clearly isn't. It's for problems like this that I'm not into modding anymore, it's too much hassle. These problems go with the territory when you stray from standard, it's the nature of the game.
    I decided to order the decoders from Andi for the sidelight errors I was having, though I haven't fitted them yet I'm hoping it will cure the problem.

    I'd much rather that than changing them out for incandescent lamps.
    Last edited by orfink; 12th August 2011 at 14:57.
    Play: 2007 Audi S3 in Solar Orange SOLD

    Work: 2010 SAAB 93 in Graphite Grey

    Gone but not forgotten... Mini Cooper S, BMW E92 Coupe, Volvo S40, Audi A4, VW Golf GTi, VW Passat
    BMW K1200R, Ducati S4R, Suzuki GSXR 6, Kawasaki ZX6R, Honda CB6F

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO

Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO