Monster MotorsportChris Nott
    Neutral

Status

Picking up new car Tuesday

Hi guys,

Would really like your help, picking up my new A3 sportback on tuesday at 9am, anything to do/check? Never got a new car before! slightly excited!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks in advance!

Jig

2. # ADS
    ADS

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Go over it with a fine toothcomb.

Get a spec list you signed for, check that list with a magnifying glass.

Paintwork, check that with a microscope, if it has swirls, insist its detailed or the like to remove them, paintwork from audi has been attrocious for some new cars tbh.

Check tyres, wheels, drive with salesman or whoever is doing the handover, make sure the audi person makes notes of issues, they sign it to say they've seen & been advised of issues, get a copy of the notes & give them 2 weeks to resolve unless needs parts etc that are back order.

You must cover your butt with these things, always get everything in writing, if they refuse then refuse the car & ask for a refund, that would usually change there stance, but be nice about it, until it requires to be not so nice

OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

Neutral

Status
    Thanks for that, I might take a print out of what you said so I don't forget anything!

One thing though, what do you mean by swirls in the paintwork? Might be a stupid question but might aswell ask anyway!

Nice to see your local to me, I live in Hastings so not too far away!

Audi Heaven

Status
    Swirls are caused by the valeters being too aggressive with the motorised polishers though as your car is new they shouldn't be using them on it.

Your car will most probably fine. It's all down to the dealer qualities but it's best to check everything at the point of the handover...
    Scott

Audi A3 Sportback 2.0T Quattro S-Line 2007 8P2
    Lava Grey, Exclusive Line Black/Silver Leather, Heated Seats, Bose, RNS-e, iPod, Auto Lights & Wipers, Interior Light Pack

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiggy View Post
    Nice to see your local to me, I live in Hastings so not too far away!
    Ooooh memories of my party days, hastings pier, Storm, was 1 night used to goto lol, this was a while ago now mind you.

OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by audicruiser View Post
    Swirls are caused by the valeters being too aggressive with the motorised polishers though as your car is new they shouldn't be using them on it.

Your car will most probably fine. It's all down to the dealer qualities but it's best to check everything at the point of the handover...
    Thanks, il have a check just incase then

Quote Originally Posted by NHN View Post
    Ooooh memories of my party days, hastings pier, Storm, was 1 night used to goto lol, this was a while ago now mind you.
    Well we don't have a pier anymore, sad times! lol

I'm 21 so the party days shall continue for a short while yet!