S3 Leather quality

jsh

Reaction score
I was thinking the other day - how crap the leather is on my S3. Its not a patch on the quality of the seats in by previous B7 cab. Every car Ive looked at with black leather has **** cheek indentations in the leather. Pretty poor for a car that costs over £30k

Have to say that although mine isn't too bad, I totally agree with what you're saying. The leather in my MY05 A3 1.9TDi SE was far superior to that in my MY10 S3 :(

im not impressed with the leather in my A3 sport either. Base is creased, its not like i'm heavy either. Mind you, if I had buckets I would probably ban any passengers & gently lower myself in every time LOL

I get the butt cheek marks on my leathers too :( usually after driving for a while, noticed it lastnight after driving to donegal and back.

Also once they heat up they stay warm ***!! Even without heated seats turned on

The seats on my A4 were fine nappa and looked brand new at 3 and a half years old. The embossed black leather on the S3 look used after a year. I would imagine that the seats with silver panels would fare better - just looked a bit "pimp my ride" for me!

haha thats what happens when you get full leather... i have the half leather alcantara seats and mine are good (except that they are 6 years old and have started to wear :()

Yeah, mine seem a little "loose", like the padding isn't fixed to the leather. Gets even more noticeable on long-ish journeys, when the seats end up crumpled and creased. My 8L's alcantara was spot on, always; shame the 8p's half-silver is leather now, and not suede like it used to be!

Agreed. Having bought an S3 nearly two years ago the leather is not a patch on BMW stuff. I have a 330d for 3 years and the leather and padding on seats was far superior although even that had some minor wear on the side bolster which takes a hammering when you get in.

The new beemer has the same quality and tough leather to the old and feels so much better than the S3. Despite what the BMW knockers on here will say the interior whilst not looking as cool as an Audi is far more functional. What we need is BMW quality with the Audi 'look'.

Don't get me started on the 'skinny' steering wheel they put in an S3 either. Absolutely shocking for a £30k car.

So apart from the crap leather, skinny steering wheel, chocolate clutch, duff valve springs and the fact that every std convenience in any other 30k car cost you extra in an S3...........It would be a ****** nice car..if it handled better :whistle2::yes:

Don't get me wrong, it's a blast to drive! I was only thinking the other day about overtaking in it - by the time you've got past your prey, you have to reel yourself in because you notice that you have accellerated to 90mph ;)