VCDS to lock down/disable car?

Silky-S3

Is loving his new 8V S3!
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Sometimes I leave my car in the same place for 3 to 4 days as I'm away with work etc. Is it possable to increase the security of the car and disable it with VCDS? Say even if someone has managed to get hold of the key, can VCDS make the car not start even then?

Thanks

If someone gets hold of the proper key then you can't protect it.

However, you will be ok if you keep the keys safe because without the right key the car cannot be started.

It can of course be put on a breakdown truck and towed away regardless of any security measures !!!

Best bet is to block it in somehow so it's made undesirable to steal.

remove fuses/relays? Might delay them enough to give it a miss?

IIRC there was a remap that had a security measure built in too.

remove fuses/relays? Might delay them enough to give it a miss?

IIRC there was a remap that had a security measure built in too.

You can do this with the revo sps however you obviously need the remap!

As said above, it can be done with certain ECU software. I have a Shark Performance remap, together with their STS handheld unit and this has an immobilisation mode (won't even run with the true key), handy for when your car is going to be left for long periods of time.

Last edited:
Theres an option in vcds to put the car in transport mode. This should do what your looking for

Not sure it will help, as I assume as soon as it sees a key inserted or ignition started, it auto disables the mode, of course its best to ask RT directly as there page isnt to expansive tbh.

Ross-Tech: VCDS Tour: Transport Mode

Now of course we all know assumption is the mofo of all.................................. :)

transport mode will not lockout the immo or the engine ecu and after 50 miles it disables

disconnect the fuel pump or remove the ecu voltage supply relay

or disconnect the steering column control unit