how to turn service light off?

Hawkes

Reaction score
Hey all I've had a quick look through the search function but didn't find what I was looking for.
anyone know if there's a way to turn the service light off without using vagcom?
Cheers :p

I've serviced it myself I just don't know how to turn the service light off

thanks, it was suggested by a friend (who works for VW Racing) that you might be able to do it with a series of flicks of the indicator stalk/ignition on/off. or is that not possible with the a3 8p?

from haynes manual

To reset the standard display manually, switch on the ignition, and then pull out the reset button (lower left of the speedometer). With the reset button out, SERVICE will appear in the display screen (between the speedometer and the rev counter). Pull the button until SERVICE IN _ _ _ _ _ KM _ _ _ _ DAYS is shown.

from haynes manual

To reset the standard display manually, switch on the ignition, and then pull out the reset button (lower left of the speedometer). With the reset button out, SERVICE will appear in the display screen (between the speedometer and the rev counter). Pull the button until SERVICE IN _ _ _ _ _ KM _ _ _ _ DAYS is shown.

I tried this a few weeks ago it came up with reset for the days and km etc then put its self back to what it was. As far as I'm aware you can only clear off an oil change with this method not a full service??? I'm more than likely wrong though lol

I tried it too, nothing happened.

I used to be able to reset my 8L 1.8T sport with that method,
Audi must have locked it off for the 8P.

Is there anyone with VCDS in Manchester that can help me out?

I does say in the manual that you can do it for the 8p but as I say it only let me reset the oil change i had to take it into them for the main service light.

cheers for all the input guys ill try it anyway and hope for the best ;)

from haynes manual

autodata says the same, sadly it didn't work for me so had to do it with one of the diagnostic pooters