S3 Wheel fitment: 19x8.5 ET45 fitment on lowered on H&R coils

yahyar

Reaction score
hi guys

got a set of 19" r8 v10 replicas. i was advised they would fit.
test fitted with
235/35/19

huge rubbing issue at the back.

Will 225/25/19 be any better? or will i continue to suffer rubbing due to ET45 offset?

it's a shame cos i really like the look

dscn3144n.jpg
dscn3144n.jpg
dscn3146.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: J.R.
Get ready for £100 per tyre and thats just cheap **** rubber as well :(

How low have you gone on the coilies?

Love the Wheels Mate ......It's now My Top 5 REPS OEM Audi a3 Wheels of all time for me right about now......:drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool:

Shouldnt think it'd make a massive difference to clearance though if the widths & ofsets match.

Thanks for the help so far...
Here in SA we are very limited: the rim only available locally in et45. pity for me, but apparently it should be fine according to just about everyone? my car is probably just too damn low.

I want to try the 225/25 to see. i should also ask the shop to raise the rear a bit more. this is adding a lot to the problem. 215's are very expensive here and might be a bit on the narrow side for our roads.

a buddy suggesting machining 3 millimetres from the rim. i'm sure many people wouldn't advise this route but anyone here been successful with this method?

the height is probably sitting at around 40mm on all corners right now. on the 18's, the coils were maxed out (i think 60mm) all corners

here's a before pic of the standard 18's on the coils

im tired of the old wheels and sweeping the streets, so hopefully i can get these reps fitted!

aye aye captaiN8!
will report on it next week! fingers crossed

225/35 not working - still rubbing. suggestions?

Can't you use some sort of spacers or something to move the wheels out from the car body slightly?

Can't you use some sort of spacers or something to move the wheels out from the car body slightly?

That makes the problem worse! moving the tyre closer to the wheel arch = more rubbing

215/35s if you want to go right down on the coils

Dear God! Do not listen to this man! Is it rubbing constantly mate or just dips in road etc? The 215 is a well tried/tested solution on here but you say your roads wouldn't be suitable and since you've went to the expense of the 225's now you might want to shave few mm off the wheels...I've seen this done before

Also car is lovely, especially running that low on standard rims! Never been a fan of Reps in the slightest but can't take away from that, looks well

Last edited:
That makes the problem worse! moving the tyre closer to the wheel arch = more rubbing

I see - so bigger wheels rub on the outside of the wheel arch not the inside. Sorry for the unhelpful suggestion OP!