Thinking of getting an s3 8p

s3gazz

Reaction score
Hi all thinking of getting a newer s3 to the one I have now I own a 2001 amk s3 with hybrid turbo and few mods so selling up in the next month or so and looking to the newer one can anyone tell me witch one is the most liked or best ha and what to look for cheers see ya all soon

I'll be starting a built feed up straight away as I love to mod and like a nice looking car

if your going for a facelift S3 try and get a 59 plate onwards, some of the '8 plate ones were fitted with incorrect valve springs by audi and misfire constantly once mapped and audi in a few cases have refused to replace them, other then that youll be good to go!

if your going for a facelift S3 try and get a 59 plate onwards, some of the '8 plate ones were fitted with incorrect valve springs by audi and misfire constantly once mapped and audi in a few cases have refused to replace them, other then that youll be good to go!

lol! like me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad::mad::mad:

Lol thanks mate for ya help I cannot wait to get it iv been Reading your built feed s3RYE and I like it what's the best running parts for them then as I don't have a clue I'm am 8l boy lol moving sides

Is there a certain engine code with the wrong springs or is it just your donald duck?
Mine is on a 58 plate, just want to know so I can rule out one potential mod.
Cheers.

When you say a 59 plate, that would be an MY10 yeah?

When you say a 59 plate, that would be an MY10 yeah?

cars produced in the latter half of 2009 onwards (think thats MY10 ones) as far as i know are all fine, not sure of the exact date when Audi rectified the problem though

Sorry for the noob question, but what does it feel like when the car miss fires?

I ask because I had the Revo trial tune fitted to my S3 and ever since, i often get a slight hesitation when accelerating moderately hard but before I hit full bost.
Almost as if the power quickly cuts for just a split second.
Car only has 30k kms (18k miles), never ride the clutch and the car was only trial tuned for about 6 hours so hope it wouldn't be clutch slipping already.

Sorry for the noob question, but what does it feel like when the car miss fires?

I ask because I had the Revo trial tune fitted to my S3 and ever since, i often get a slight hesitation when accelerating moderately hard but before I hit full bost.
Almost as if the power quickly cuts for just a split second.
Car only has 30k kms (18k miles), never ride the clutch and the car was only trial tuned for about 6 hours so hope it wouldn't be clutch slipping already.

Poli,

Sounds more like a flat spot in the tune/map.

I had the problem with my Evo X with an ecutek tune and went back to ask about the hesitation when you accelerate hard, which is as you described. Had new maps loaded and was all good again..

Thanks Charlie.
That's what I thought it to be.
just got a bit concerned with all the talk of dud valve springs, slipping clutches, etc.

Last edited:
Could be a misfire, it normally feels like a series of small stutters, if the revo trial is over there shouldn't be any effects left from it.

Could be a misfire, it normally feels like a series of small stutters, if the revo trial is over there shouldn't be any effects left from it.

hmmm. well yeah, that's what it feels like.
2 or 3 small stutters that doesn't happen every time.

The problem is, replicating this at Audi.