AH FabricationsSky Insurance
    5th Gear

Status

Thinking of getting an s3 8p

Hi all thinking of getting a newer s3 to the one I have now I own a 2001 amk s3 with hybrid turbo and few mods so selling up in the next month or so and looking to the newer one can anyone tell me witch one is the most liked or best ha and what to look for cheers see ya all soon

I'll be starting a built feed up straight away as I love to mod and like a nice looking car
    350bhp & 316ftlb BBT new k16 7+7 blade hybrid turbo, Welly cooler, jetex filter, relentless ported v3 manifold 3" downpipe & de-cat, liquid gauge, r32 rear arb, AGU ported and polished Head, 550cc injectors, kw v2 Coilovers, s3dave tie bars & heat sheild, milltek cat back, I.E forged rods, brembos, inline fuel pump, v3 badger 5 tip, devils own WMI kit, AGU pistons, rear grooved discs & brembo pads, ds2500 pads & EBC ultimax disc, stack boost gauge

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status
    if your going for a facelift S3 try and get a 59 plate onwards, some of the '8 plate ones were fitted with incorrect valve springs by audi and misfire constantly once mapped and audi in a few cases have refused to replace them, other then that youll be good to go!
    Factory: Phantom Black S3, BOSE, RNS-E, Adaptive Lights, Interior Lights, Auto Lights

Added: Evolve Stage 2 Map, Evoms CAI, Milltek TBE Non-res With Special Tips Now At 360bhp & 385lb/ft, VWR 4 pots, H&R Springs, H&R Spacers, Sachs Clutch, '09 Rear Clusters, Pressed Metal Plates, TT Air Vents

To Do list: Now that would be telling

PM me for Weitec & KW coilovers

Interior Next!!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by jungleman View Post
    if your going for a facelift S3 try and get a 59 plate onwards, some of the '8 plate ones were fitted with incorrect valve springs by audi and misfire constantly once mapped and audi in a few cases have refused to replace them, other then that youll be good to go!
    lol! like me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Gone but not forgotten......
    S
    3 - Phantom Black - Black Optics - Most Extras

Mods: Revo Stage 2+ - 18" BBS ch/Michelin PS2 - Recaro OEM Buckets - Milltek TBE NonRes/Sports Cat - Evoms Intake - APR hpfp - H&R Springs/ARBS F&R - Sachs Clutch/Luk DMF - AP Racing 6 Pot BBK - 10mm Spacers - Black Rings
    Mods To Do: Full Retrim - MY11 RNSe - Coilovers- Plenty Carbon

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by S3RYE View Post
    lol! like me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    didnt want to name any names lol
    Factory: Phantom Black S3, BOSE, RNS-E, Adaptive Lights, Interior Lights, Auto Lights

Added: Evolve Stage 2 Map, Evoms CAI, Milltek TBE Non-res With Special Tips Now At 360bhp & 385lb/ft, VWR 4 pots, H&R Springs, H&R Spacers, Sachs Clutch, '09 Rear Clusters, Pressed Metal Plates, TT Air Vents

5th Gear

Status
    Lol thanks mate for ya help I cannot wait to get it iv been Reading your built feed s3RYE and I like it what's the best running parts for them then as I don't have a clue I'm am 8l boy lol moving sides
    350bhp & 316ftlb BBT new k16 7+7 blade hybrid turbo, Welly cooler, jetex filter, relentless ported v3 manifold 3" downpipe & de-cat, liquid gauge, r32 rear arb, AGU ported and polished Head, 550cc injectors, kw v2 Coilovers, s3dave tie bars & heat sheild, milltek cat back, I.E forged rods, brembos, inline fuel pump, v3 badger 5 tip, devils own WMI kit, AGU pistons, rear grooved discs & brembo pads, ds2500 pads & EBC ultimax disc, stack boost gauge

4th Gear

Status
    Is there a certain engine code with the wrong springs or is it just your donald duck?
    Mine is on a 58 plate, just want to know so I can rule out one potential mod.
    Cheers.

Status

2nd Gear

Status
    When you say a 59 plate, that would be an MY10 yeah?
    MY10 S3 Sportback - 6Sp Manual - Sprint Blue
    REVO Stage 2+ /
    Forge Twintake / 3" Miltek Hybrid DP/​ Autotech HPFP
    Bilstein PSS10
    / H&R 10/12mm Spacers / BFI Dog Bone /EBC Yellowstuff

BUILD THREAD

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by poli84 View Post
    When you say a 59 plate, that would be an MY10 yeah?
    cars produced in the latter half of 2009 onwards (think thats MY10 ones) as far as i know are all fine, not sure of the exact date when Audi rectified the problem though

2nd Gear

Status
    Sorry for the noob question, but what does it feel like when the car miss fires?

I ask because I had the Revo trial tune fitted to my S3 and ever since, i often get a slight hesitation when accelerating moderately hard but before I hit full bost.
    Almost as if the power quickly cuts for just a split second.
    Car only has 30k kms (18k miles), never ride the clutch and the car was only trial tuned for about 6 hours so hope it wouldn't be clutch slipping already.
    REVO Stage 2+ /
    Bilstein PSS10

BUILD THREAD

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by poli84 View Post
    Sorry for the noob question, but what does it feel like when the car miss fires?

I ask because I had the Revo trial tune fitted to my S3 and ever since, i often get a slight hesitation when accelerating moderately hard but before I hit full bost.
    Almost as if the power quickly cuts for just a split second.
    Car only has 30k kms (18k miles), never ride the clutch and the car was only trial tuned for about 6 hours so hope it wouldn't be clutch slipping already.
    Poli,

Sounds more like a flat spot in the tune/map.

I had the problem with my Evo X with an ecutek tune and went back to ask about the hesitation when you accelerate hard, which is as you described. Had new maps loaded and was all good again..
    MY11 S3 Solar Orange

2nd Gear

Status
    Thanks Charlie.
    That's what I thought it to be.
    just got a bit concerned with all the talk of dud valve springs, slipping clutches, etc.
    Last edited by poli84; 24th June 2011 at 01:13.
    REVO Stage 2+ /
    Bilstein PSS10

BUILD THREAD

6th Gear

Status
    Could be a misfire, it normally feels like a series of small stutters, if the revo trial is over there shouldn't be any effects left from it.

2nd Gear

Status
    Could be a misfire, it normally feels like a series of small stutters, if the revo trial is over there shouldn't be any effects left from it.
    hmmm. well yeah, that's what it feels like.
    2 or 3 small stutters that doesn't happen every time.

The problem is, replicating this at Audi.
    REVO Stage 2+ /
    Bilstein PSS10

BUILD THREAD