Bluetooth Module

hambo0

Reaction score
Hi Been looking at various previous threads on bluetooth modules and just have a question.

I currently have a 2005 A3 sportback with factory GSM and multi function steering wheel, I retrofitted RNS-E some years ago and have never been able to get the phone directory to work on the RNS-E or my iphone 3GS to sync with my GSM it pairs ok and can use the phone through the system to answer calls etc, but I can not scroll through my contacts when I press the mode button on the steering wheel it just says no entires unlike my old nokia which enabled me to scroll through the address book.

My question is I have been reading about that I probably have a old bluetooth module looking at the list 8P0 862 335 which is for a 2004 MY A3 europe. If I replaced it with a later version say 8P0 862 335 S which is a 2009.5 MY would this solve my problems.

Regards

hambo0

Don't you need to code the RNS-E in so that it will connect?

Did you code it in properly, as you have to enable certain features.

Hi sorry for the late reply been away.

I did try coding it sometime ago, I did my research on here and borrowed a cable along with the ross tech software, but I had trouble changing the values, To be honest Im a complete novice using the software.

What features do I need to enable?