Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Hellz
  • 1 Post By Ghost

Thread: Rear Parking Sensor Help!

5th Gear

Status

Question Rear Parking Sensor Help!

Hi All

My Rear Parking Sensors don't work. VCDS has come up with the following codes:

01327 - Control Module for Parking Aid (J446)
    004 - No Signal/Communication
    Freeze Frame:
    Fault Status: 01100100
    Fault Priority: 2
    Fault Frequency: 1
    Reset counter: 70
    Mileage: 65348 km
    Time Indication: 0
    Date: 2011.06.06
    Time: 14:32:47
    Address 76: Park Assist
    Cannot be reached

Can anybody shed some light on this? I really want to get it fixed.

Thanks
    2009 Audi A4 2.0 TFSI S line, Misano Red, 19" Black Edition Rotors, RS4 Grille, Sat Nav, AMI, Bluetooth, Phone & Voice Prep, CD Changer, Gloss Pack, Heated Seats, Cruise Control, Electric Folding Mirrors, S line Suspension, Dynamic Boot Spoiler, K&N Typhoon Induction Kit

2. # ADS
    ADS

3rd Gear

Status
    Try clearing the fault and see if it comes back.
    A4 (b6) 2.5 TDi QS Saloon.

5th Gear

Status
    Tried that but no luck
    2009 Audi A4 2.0 TFSI S line, Misano Red, 19" Black Edition Rotors, RS4 Grille, Sat Nav, AMI, Bluetooth, Phone & Voice Prep, CD Changer, Gloss Pack, Heated Seats, Cruise Control, Electric Folding Mirrors, S line Suspension, Dynamic Boot Spoiler, K&N Typhoon Induction Kit

6th Gear

Status
    Can't be reached would either be no power to the module (in the O/S rear quarter) or there is a problem with the can wiring.
    2003-2008 1998 Red A3 8L 1.8 Sport
    2008 -> 2003 Akoya Silver A3 8P1 2.0 FSi Sport

5th Gear

Status
    So its a problem with the module rather than maybe the sensors not being plugged in?

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    As Ew said, its either a faulty module, connector come loose or power supply issue, as the sensors dont work, I'd say its not a can issue atm.

OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

2nd Gear

Status
    Hi i'm new to this site but thought i'd drop a quick question. I recently bought myself an a3, the car is great best car ever had but just the last week or two whenever i put it in reverse i get a long constant screech instead of a wee short beep that it used to do. Not only that when i reverse closely to something nothing happens anymore dosent bleep or anything. any ideas. cheers

Geordie Racer

Status
    My 3.2 started doing something similar, diagnosis was one of the four sensors had given up the ghost... therefore, you may need to replace one or more sensors. If that is the case I think its a bumper off job but get it checked out first preferably by the dealer (if it was a dealer) that sold you the car
    mikeyboy likes this.
    AUDI S3 2007 Dolphin Grey

PREVIOUS:
    AUDI A3
    3.2 V6 Quattro S-Line DSG
    AUDI S3 8L
    AUDI A3 1.8T Quattro
    8L

Geordie Racer

Status
    oh... and welcome to the site mikey
    AUDI S3 2007 Dolphin Grey

PREVIOUS:
    AUDI A3
    3.2 V6 Quattro S-Line DSG
    AUDI S3 8L
    AUDI A3 1.8T Quattro
    8L

Boo!

Status
    Hi mikeyboy welcome to the site, try blowing around by the sensors maybe some water got in them, mine sounded like that and stopped working after my mate pressure washed it! I just kept blowing and cleaning them, and it started working again

Worth a go?

mikeyboy likes this.

2nd Gear

Status
    Thanks hellz. Gonna take it round to a local vw & audi speciallist heard alot of good things about him, my local audi dealer are full of cow boys aparrently. ps 3.2 V6 fair play to ya what bhp has that beast got.

2nd Gear

Status
    HI spooky1. I'll give that a go def worth a try, cos now that you mention it i have wahed the car a few times with a jet wash. Thank you for the reply cant believe how quick people are giving me advice. This site is very helpful

2nd Gear

Status
    Tryed blowing round the sensors and wiped them over with a dry cloth and no joy still no working. I'm seriously thinking its something to do with the power wash. I think i'll leave them another week or so praying that they dry out and start working again before booking the car in. Thanks for the advice anyway really appreciate it.

6th Gear

Status
    you really need a scan, it will tell u what sensor has packed in. I did likewise & got sensor off of german ebay in the correct colour for half price of new one - fitted it n sorted.
    2003-2008 1998 Red A3 8L 1.8 Sport
    2008 -> 2003 Akoya Silver A3 8P1 2.0 FSi Sport

2nd Gear

Status
    Yeah think i'm gonna have to book the car in see what the crack is. Where abouts in scotland u from btw i'm from inverness.

2nd Gear

Status
    if you think it could be a problem from water thats got in from jet washing,might be worth getting a hairdryer on the sensors before you start throwing money at it
    3dr Dolphin Grey Audi A3 2.0 TDI S-Line

2nd Gear

Status
    Yeah i took it down to ma work and got a shot of an airline from our mechanics workshop & gave them all a long blast from a safe distance & a wipe down with a cloth & still no joy, still no working. So annoying they were working fine when i got the car 5-6 weeks ago & now no working at all. That long beep when putting it in reverse is driving me bonkers now.

3rd Gear

Status
    Obviously this is an old thread now, but for anyone who stumbles across it.
    The long beep when selecting reverse is the system telling you there's a fault detected.
    There's an easy way to test the sensors. With the ignition on & reverse gear selected put your ear up close to the each sensor, & you should hear them clicking, if any don't click it's a dead sensor. If none of them click it'll be the wiring or control box at fault.
    N.B. If the reverse lights don't work either then its the reverse light switch on the gearbox at fault.
    A4 Avant B6 1.9 TDI 130 Sport (6) Moro Pearl Blue, GMBH S Line Kit, Decat, 165bhp remap, EGR delete, K&N panel, Dunlop SP Sport Max, Full Leather, Cruise Control, Full DIS, Bose, Audi phone prep, Cooled Glove Box, Rear privacy glass, Rear parking assist.
    2003 Seat Ibiza 1.2 TSI FR in Lima green.