Remote problem

roston100

Reaction score
I changed the battery on my remote last week but since I did that the buttons wont work and I have to manually lock and unlock the car.

I have access to Vag Com - can I use this to reprogramme the key fob? Or will I need to take it to Audi?

Thanks

Might be a silly question but have you tried another battery? Maybe the new battery you've put in your key is faulty/dead.

Probably worth ruling that out first of all.

still no luck. Tried all the methods listed above and nothing happens. Looks like ill have to take it to audi :-(

If you have access to a genuine vcds, give ross-tech a shout who will advise the process, no need to goto audi at all.

TBH doing a search online will advise how this is done, its noted in a few forums.

just tried this, as changed my battery and the remote didn't work. Got in the car pressed open and lock buttons one after the other, then put the key in and turned the engine on, pressed the buttons again for luck, and now all works :)

razza - tried all that and spoke to people from vagcom today but still no luck. next step is to test whether the remotes are working or not!