Fitting brake pads to an 54/05 3dr A3 1.9TDI 8P 105BHP

dg1988

Reaction score
Hi,

fairly new to the forum so hi all!

just wondering how hard it would be to fit disks and pads all round to my A3

Car is a 54 plate but was registered on 13th Jan.

Things are a bit tight at the moment so cant really afford to pay Audi prices.. and last night my warning light came on..

done pads on my old 306 a while back but im guessing there will be a little more to these!

has anyone got any tips or guides on doing it? do I need any special tools to wind the pistons back in?

is it just a case of taking the wheel off, undoing bolts on the caliper, swapping the disks over, removing the old pads, winding the pistons back, fitting new pads, putting the caliper back on, then replacing the wheel?

Obviously thats just a quick run through!

Are the back disks and pads any harder? I know some cars have shoe's for the handbrake, do Audi's? as I know this can cause issues...

Any help on this one would be greatly appriciated!

Thanks in advance...

fairly easy, you will need a 7mm allen key (hex key) and the winding tool. front: remove wheel, undo 2 hex bolts on rear of caliper, remove bolts, you may need a flat blade screw driver to push the bolts past the rubber grommit's. if this is on the passenger side front remove the plug for the wear indicator thenremove pads and fix the caliper to the springs to avoid dropping and damaging the brake pipes. remove disk holiding screw (1 torx screw) remove disk, clean with brake cleaner (or petrol) to remove anti rust treatment.fit new part and screw in place with torx screw. undo cap on brake fluid res under bonnet, undo the bleed nipple and push back the pistons with a tool close bleed nipple. fit both new pads if it has the wear indicator refit this also. fix caliper back in place with 2 bolts fit wheel.. rears to follow...