which catch can to go for?

Kelza

Staff member
Reaction score
hi i have 2008 facelift s3

picture from my car ..
IMG_0262.jpg

Last edited:
I would've thought it would fit , but it might be due to the S3 having a remote DV at the front and the piping being in the way...
Im just running a BSH PCV stage 1 PCV fix myself. Interestingly saw a thread on VW Vortex where a guy posted pics of the intake valves with and without catch can....VWVortex.com - Without/With Catch Can (Atmo) Comparison Pictures + Discussion

BTW your better posting technical questions on VAGOC where your more likely to get a response....

Alright mate
Either the BSH or the Forge, both are good but te Forge one is £150 more but possibly a slightly neater solution.

hi paolo i dont mind as you know gettting stage 2 + in few weeks so need to get one asap was looking on ebay with the link below,,but was told it does not fit,,i think its for the fsi and we have tfsi ,,would love a crome one old school style like a baileys motorsport but hey hoo forge one it its...thanks mate just need a link on how to fit it,,lol...

FORGE MOTORSPORT VW GOLF MK5 FSI CATCH CAN KIT on eBay (end time 18-Jun-11 00:04:13 BST)

Alright mate
Don't think forge have one on their site, but they may do al could be worth checking, otherwise I'm not sure, if you mail forge or call them they should be able to help you out, they are pretty helpful bunch of guys.

i will sort that out now over in vagoc ,next on the to do list will be pro alloy intercooler,, and unrated brake pads then the sachs clutch,,lol

good man
but at stage 2+ if you drive the even remotely fast just pads wont be that much up to the task, youll have to start saving for a proper BBK

haha jeeszo is there no end to spending lark ,yeah was looking for the vwracing brakes like yours cant seen to find them...

i will sort that out now over in vagoc ,next on the to do list will be pro alloy intercooler,, and unrated brake pads then the sachs clutch,,lol

You'll be buying a clutch before the intercooler and bbk. It will last literally 5 minutes.

lol rye i better get saving ,probally get that next ,and a catch can ..

You'll be buying a clutch before the intercooler and bbk. It will last literally 5 minutes.

if your lucky ;) they really are made of chocolate the oem ones!

haha jeeszo is there no end to spending lark ,yeah was looking for the vwracing brakes like yours cant seen to find them...

here you go mate

Search the site

they aint quite the same, these are a new one made by a company called caparo where as the ones ive got are made by project mu, you can still get mine but its a right pain and will set you back 2.5-3k.. not nice!!

The current setup is a 6 pot system,and works as well as the AP and Alcon systems I've used previously.

hi s3 alex will have to save for a bit for the bbk, clutch will be next though ,which catch can you using mate...

Just been speaking to AMD about catch cans. Apparently you have to be careful and make sire they have an outlet of either 17mm or 19mm preferably 19mm otherwise they can create back pressure?

Btw, I don't know what that means but apparently it's not good! Lol. So maybe worth checking that before you order!

thanks rye to be honest i want the excuse to drive down to amd in essex , think i may book the sachs clutch catch can in with amd soon,but for now i will not be redlining it ,,well just alittle...lol...