Scorpion Exhaust for S3.. Anygood..?

I can't speak for the full system for the S3, but I had a Scorpion TBE with 200 cell sports cat on my Stage 3+ Astra VXR and it sounded amazing. On WOT it had a very deep, throaty rasp and when pootling around town at low speeds, it constantly burbled, which I loved. I removed my Remus TBE in favour of the Scorpion and would never have swapped it back. It was THAT good! I can only imagine the S3 one will be as good. The welds were very high quality too, unlike a lot of exhaust systems I've seen.

I can't speak for the full system for the S3, but I had a Scorpion TBE with 200 cell sports cat on my Stage 3+ Astra VXR and it sounded amazing. On WOT it had a very deep, throaty rasp and when pootling around town at low speeds, it constantly burbled, which I loved. I removed my Remus TBE in favour of the Scorpion and would never have swapped it back. It was THAT good! I can only imagine the S3 one will be as good. The welds were very high quality too, unlike a lot of exhaust systems I've seen.

Thanks Paulie =)

Your opinion was enough for me to go ahead and purchase it.. Hopefully it sounds half decent once installed as its only a cat back system..

Thanks Paulie =)

Your opinion was enough for me to go ahead and purchase it.. Hopefully it sounds half decent once installed as its only a cat back system..

Nice one, Matey. I'm sure you won't be disappointed. Can't wait for you to get it fitted and as Scott says, get a soundtrack vid uploaded. :)

Do scorpion make one for the s3?? Didn't know. Had one on my renault Clio sport 172 series II and it sound amazing. Like mentioned had a beautiful rasp sound.

Can I ask where did u purchase from and if it's full tbe.

We want video of sound after fitting:music:

I will post a 1080P recording as soon as its installed ;)

Nice one, Matey. I'm sure you won't be disappointed. Can't wait for you to get it fitted and as Scott says, get a soundtrack vid uploaded. :)

Hopefully I'll like it..

Do scorpion make one for the s3?? Didn't know. Had one on my renault Clio sport 172 series II and it sound amazing. Like mentioned had a beautiful rasp sound.

Can I ask where did u purchase from and if it's full tbe.

Yeah Scorpion sure make an exhaust for the S3.. I got it from Demon Tweeks Performance.. Its only a Cat-Back Exhaust System.

If your interested speak to Stuart and mention my name "Charlie" :)

Thanks Charlie. I'm still not sure which way to go with exhausts. We don't have many options here in aus. TurboXS now makes a golf r dump pipe which mates to stock cat back so I'm thinking going that way then choose a cat back that usually fits to stock dump.

I will post a 1080P recording as soon as its installed ;)

Hopefully I'll like it..

Yeah Scorpion sure make an exhaust for the S3.. I got it from Demon Tweeks Performance.. Its only a Cat-Back Exhaust System.

If your interested speak to Stuart and mention my name "Charlie" :)

Thanks Charlie. I'm still not sure which way to go with exhausts. We don't have many options here in aus. TurboXS now makes a golf r dump pipe which mates to stock cat back so I'm thinking going that way then choose a cat back that usually fits to stock dump.

Does that turboxs SBE for the Golf R fit our S3's?

Suppose to according to the person I spoke to. Apparently mechanically the R and S3 are identical. Il give the maker a call on monday and find out more. I'm a bit confused on how the dump pipe connects to the stock and if it does then will a scorpion cat back fits it since it fits the stock dump pipe. the thing is the scorpion is 70mm while the dump is 76. Anyone knows what the stock dump/catback is.

Suppose to according to the person I spoke to. Apparently mechanically the R and S3 are identical. Il give the maker a call on monday and find out more. I'm a bit confused on how the dump pipe connects to the stock and if it does then will a scorpion cat back fits it since it fits the stock dump pipe. the thing is the scorpion is 70mm while the dump is 76. Anyone knows what the stock dump/catback is.

Well the milltek large bore dump/cat is 3" that connect to the milltek cat-back system which is 2.5".. I think the connection pipe to the cat back must decrease in diameter to fit.

Look what came today =)

Geez its soo much heavier than titanium was my first thought and much uglier haha

But the welds look good, and the tips look half decent. So will reserve judgement till I hear it..

Booked to be installed this Thursday (Will post vid up once its on..)

5ots7t.jpg

hsq0xd.jpg

Well had the scorpion exhaust fitted.

Thoughts are that the stock exhaust sounded louder. The scorpion is fairly quiet.. Not sure if its because its new and needs to run in, but I will see..

Hmm, that seems odd, Charlie. My Scorpion (albeit not on an S3) was a lot louder than standard, though mine was the turbo back version. It will just need to be coked up a bit and then the sound will improve, I'm sure. Give it time, matey :)

Hmm, that seems odd, Charlie. My Scorpion (albeit not on an S3) was a lot louder than standard, though mine was the turbo back version. It will just need to be coked up a bit and then the sound will improve, I'm sure. Give it time, matey :)

Hopefully =) The note is better than standard, slightly deeper but certainly not loud.

Might have to get someone to drive it and hear it outside..

Last edited:
Installed the same system on my mates Scirocco and tbh it could be a lot louder :/