EM TuningSky Insurance
    Reverse Gear

Status

A3 Plateless grille

Hello, im from Scotland, and well... iv got a problem finding something. to be honest i don't know if it exists or not.
    I just bought a brand new A3 S line in white. with the 18" twin 7 spoke rims sprayed in high gloss black. ( roof is going to be getting wrapped in high gloss black too soon)

im currently looking into mounting the front number plate to the left of the bumper (to the right if you were looking directly at it)

i will either mount it, or i will find a sticker that has the DVLA legal font and spacing.

but that leaves me with a grill with a blank box where the number plate is. which looks ****.
    i want to find a grill that has'nt got the box, (full mesh) but still has the audi rings.

does anyone know where i can find one, if there is one available, or somewhere i could have it custom made? ''/

Thank you.

2. # ADS
    ADS

Banana Menace!

Status
    Hi there! Welcom to ASN. There is a plate filler (sometimes known as a plate delete) available for 2009-2011 8P3 models. It will be available in either grey or black, depending on the spec of your A3 and what colour your grille is. Send Stoke_audi on here a PM and they will get you a good price for one.

EDIT I've just noticed that you say you want a full mesh grille, don't know if that's possible, but the plate delete does look good on cars and keeps the OEM look.
    Last edited by Paullie; 16th June 2011 at 15:36.
    MY10 S3 8P3 S-TRONIC, IMOLA YELLOW
    SHARK PERFORMANCE STAGE 2
    - GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN!

Banana Menace!

Status
    This will give you an idea of what it looks like, albeit on Smoothie's car which is an 8P2 A3, not an 8P3 like yours.

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/stoke-a...te-delete.html

Reverse Gear

Status
    Thank you mate, does look alot better
    its a possibilty i may go for, but if its possible im going to find a way of getting a full mesh, i want to be different you see. even if it has to be custom made.

Cheers,

Banana Menace!

Status
    Of course anything is possible if you have a good bodyshop who can do the custom work for you. Mattandrew on here has an Ibis White S3 with an amazing customised RS6 (I think) grille on it without anywhere for a number plate. Have a look at this, I'm sure you'll like it, lol.

My Ibis white S3 transformation

I <3 bass

Status
    Not a cheap thing to do and you need to be bloody good at plastic welding from what Ive heard I wanted to do the same

Reverse Gear

Status
    Okay ill keep that in mind thank you. im willing to spend the money on it though