Part Exchange Can I retract my car?

ginner

Reaction score
Hi guys i wonder if you could help me out?

I was given a quote for £5300 for my part exchange and for some reason just accepted it. Howver since this i have looked in autotrader and realised I could get much more if I sell the car privately.

as long as I come up with the £5300 offered for my car it should not affect the sale should it?

Advice much appreciated!

You should be able to get out of it.

dealer only wants your money. They can't be bothered with second hand motors, that is why they give you a poor trade in figure.

When i bought my R32 new, i got a trade in value for my low mileage A3 T sport, they were going to give me £6000 for it, i sold it privatley for £9100.

Just goes to show.

Contact you dealer and say to him that I am going to try to sell the car privately but if i don't then i will accept your trade-in value.

Your dealer won't mind, as TDI says, its just hassle for him to sell it on. I always get a price off the dealer and then sell it private at the last min to raise an extra few quid. Even if you don't do a private sale it I bet he'll honour the trade-in price.

Is there a resource somewhere where I can get a rough idea of how much my audi will be worth in september?

Same as my sig, 5500 miles on the clock, mint condition......

I was going to trade in my car and pulled out. You will be fine, just come up with the money they offered you for it. They only tend to sell it on. Might be different as mine was a Peugeot, but I am sure they are more concerned about selling you a new car rather than getting your old one.