Bought my 1st Audi on monday :)

Hanz

Reaction score
Just a quick hello,

Bought a 56 plate S3 in Phantom Black with 30k miles on monday, Its pretty well spec'd up; Colour sat-nav, phone prep, bluetooth, puddle warning lights, addaptive bi-xenon headlights, multifunction control steering wheel ect ect...

Im loving the car and bought it using the VERY helpful FAQ section at the section of this forum :)

You guys are a worth your weight in gold when it comes to audi know-how :)

Great forum and very helpful :)

My last car was an Mg Zr Diesel that i had heavily tuned and was one of the most powerful in the country :) Nothing like the S3 though :D

Louis

Sounds like good spec mate, welcome to the forum! Have you got cruise control?

Welcome!!! Good choice In the new motor.

Any plans for modding the S3 as they can be made into monsters!!!!

Yes its got that too, looked at quite a few cars that had the mfsw and i automaticly thought they had cruise, i was very wrong, there are some very poorly spec'd S3's about tbh, was shocked that cruise control wasn't standard :(

No plans for mods yet, but im sure in time it will get atleast a stage 1.... and the cultch by the sounds of it....

Helllo, nice choice, I jumped from the MG-ZR ship to an A3 too...were you a member of the.MGZR.co.uk by any chance?

I was indeed a member of the.mg-zr.co.uk, but rarely used it, was over on Mg-rover.org.....

With reguards to pics, if i knew how to upload them i would lol....

Quick question, my car as auto lights, does this mean i have auto wipers? If so, how do i activate them?

Louis

I was indeed a member of the.mg-zr.co.uk, but rarely used it, was over on Mg-rover.org.....

With reguards to pics, if i knew how to upload them i would lol....

Quick question, my car as auto lights, does this mean i have auto wipers? If so, how do i activate them?

Louis

Hi mate, welcome to the world of A3. I am fairly new to scene and bought my first Audi A3 about a month back. Fully loaded nearly, Sportback 2.0TDI 170 Sport 56 plate, i retrofitted a couple of mods myself for a near complete spec, such as cruise and RNS-E (great add on). Next thing on the list will prob be MY09/10 LED rear tail lights

With regards to your question, then if your baby has auto lights then indeed it should have auto wipers. To activate it, on your wiper stalk, click up once then taht shoukd be set. You should also find there is a thumb type dial on the stalk with i tink three settings, this controls the sensitivity. To test, then perhapes throw some water over your screen and see if it wipes, but remember to push stalk up once.
When clicked back down then this deactivates the auto sensors.

Hope this helps fella,

Cheers for clearing that up for me :)

I am also liking the my09/10 rear lights, so in time will be adding them to the car as they look great!

louis

I am also liking the my09/10 rear lights, so in time will be adding them to the car as they look great!

louis

Welcome! You need to get a set of MY11 rears, with the smoked edges. They look the nuts, trust me.

louis

No problem mate, glad to have helped. Yeah I think the lights are pretty cool, maybe even better are th MY11 with the darker tint as Martay suggested.