Sky InsuranceAH Fabrications
    2nd Gear

Status

SDS HACK questions

Does SDS hacking still work? Ive read the relevant threads and tried to make a few disks but nothing seems to happen other than "Insert DVD navigation Disk".

I thought Id give it a try anyway.
    I have the RNS-E and bluetooth all working but thought the SDS hack would be great if I could make the disk for it.
    Ive downloaded "RNS-E_SW0650_STD" as well as "RNS-E_SW0660_SDS" and tried burning these to CDR but neither do anything.
    Do I need to be burning the folder and its content as in "RNS-E_SW0660_SDS" to a CD or its contents itself, being
    SDS
    00.VNS
    A2210141.MOT
    INDEX
    LDM.BIN
    LOADING.KWI
    to a CD outside of a folder containing them?

I still have a the VCDS and lead for another few days.
    Ive tried enabling forced downloads as well as updates only though VCDS but nothing seems to work at all.
    I just get the insert Navigation DVD message.

Ive used Nero to burn the CDs as well as finalise along with CD-R 700mb cds.

Thanks for your help yet again.

2. # ADS
    ADS

Audi Retrofitter

Status
    North, East, South, West London & Dartford in Kent

My Social Networking

Visit Ash187's Instagram Channel
    Hi mate,
    I have no idea on how the SDS hack works but my suggestion is more on the files you downloaded.
    Are the files '.iso' files? if so you would want nero to 'burn an image to disk' and then point it in the direction of the .iso file. If you are just trying to burn files and folders then im afraid i am no help to you here, no idea how the RNSE reads those disks.
    A3 Sportback 2.0TDI
    Dark Headlining, Bose, Alcantara Leather, Interior Lights Pack

MODS:
    S3 facelift,
    RS3 Grill, 19" RS6, TTRS FBMFSW, A5 S-Line Heated Seats, Bi-Xenons, Auto Lights & Wipers, Eibach Sportlines, Auto Folding & Dimming Dumbo Mirrors, S3 brakes, US Centre Console, Cruise, Pioneer HU, Reverse Camera, OEM Parking Sensors, LED Tail Lights, S3 Pedals, Tints, Carbon Trims.

2nd Gear

Status
    Thank you for your reply. Unfortunately there not ISO files, its just the names that are lsted above.

2nd Gear

Status
    Ah sorry you mean make an ISO image out of it and burn it that way?

Audi Retrofitter

Status

My Social Networking

tbh not entirely sure that would have a difference if its not already an ISO.
    only reason i was wondering if it was an ISO as the image may have some files packed in to work as a perfect cd and after extraction it could have broken down. i have just read that SDS is also does via wires: What RNS-E Unit to get?
    i think you should ask Nigel (NHN) for some more info on it
    A3 Sportback 2.0TDI

MODS:
    S3 facelift,
    RS3 Grill, 19" RS6, TTRS FBMFSW, A5 S-Line Heated Seats, Bi-Xenons, Auto Lights & Wipers, Eibach Sportlines, Auto Folding & Dimming Dumbo Mirrors, S3 brakes, US Centre Console, Cruise, Pioneer HU, Reverse Camera, OEM Parking Sensors, LED Tail Lights, S3 Pedals, Tints, Carbon Trims.

2nd Gear

Status
    Yeah I understand about needing to re wire the mic through the RNS-E then to the bluetooth module from The RNS-E unit just dont know how to burn the CD, Ive done a few now and nothing. Ive made plenty of other CD, DVDs in the past that have worked no problem, this is the first thing Ive done for the car though and dont seem to be able to do it.

Audi Retrofitter

Status

My Social Networking

quick google search:
    SDS Hack help | Audi Forum

SDS Hack done - German language when PTT pushed

SDS install | VAGOC.co.uk

SDS Hack

As i said i am not familiar with it as i dont have an RNSE, but those links will have all the info you need
    A3 Sportback 2.0TDI

MODS:
    S3 facelift,

2nd Gear

Status
    Hi, thank you again, Ive already read these and a few others, the second link you gave has a link to the site I downloaded the CD info from that I cant seem to burn properly. Ill try to PM NHN to see if he can help, I saw him asking questions about the same topic on an old forum so he seems to be the man in the know yet again...
    Thanks

Audi Retrofitter

Status

My Social Networking

what about this site for the download?
    Audi Downloads

Sorry if i am not helping... yh pm nigel
    A3 Sportback 2.0TDI

MODS:
    S3 facelift,

2nd Gear

Status
    Hi, yep thats the site I got the info from, some other usefull stuff on there too, you are helping, thanks.

2nd Gear

Status
    Just found this so will try do the disk ths way...
    Workshop Guide - SDS on TT MK2

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Just copy the 660 sds hack files/folders to a iirc dvd & write to the dvd as normal, I tend to not use windows integrated software as it seems to corrupt the writing, so nero dragndrop would suffice, also windows 7 is a pita for these aswell, be an idea to use an xp pc.

OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by NHN View Post
    Just copy the 660 sds hack files/folders to a iirc dvd & write to the dvd as normal, I tend to not use windows integrated software as it seems to corrupt the writing, so nero dragndrop would suffice, also windows 7 is a pita for these aswell, be an idea to use an xp pc.
    Nope tried this again and nothing...Its getting stupid now, must be something Im doing wrong.

Geordie Racer

Status
    Apologies if I'm hijacking the thread but I have a question relating to SDS!

I just got my new S3 and it has RNS-E, GSM Phone Prep and MFSW. It appears the mode button and speech button on the MFSW only allow me to use the Phone functionality, to a limited extent (answer phone so far).

When pressing the mode button I get 'button not in use' in the DIS, I tried issuing speech commands to switch mode (e.g. to radio, navigation etc.) and iirc she just says 'pardon', might be my geordie accent but I'm guessing not

Does the above likely mean I do not have SDS and simply have phone prep alone therefore would need to do the SDS hack?

Cheers peoples
    AUDI S3 2007 Dolphin Grey

PREVIOUS:
    AUDI A3
    3.2 V6 Quattro S-Line DSG
    AUDI S3 8L
    AUDI A3 1.8T Quattro
    8L

Geordie Racer

Status
    Dont know how relevant this is but software/firmware version on rnse is 650... downloaded the 660 sds files and burned them, is it safe to try and update?

PREVIOUS:
    AUDI A3
    AUDI S3 8L
    AUDI A3 1.8T Quattro
    8L

Geordie Racer

Status
    Doh - nvm, picked some info up from another thread on here >_>

PREVIOUS:
    AUDI A3
    AUDI S3 8L
    AUDI A3 1.8T Quattro
    8L

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellz View Post
    Dont know how relevant this is but software/firmware version on rnse is 650... downloaded the 660 sds files and burned them, is it safe to try and update?
    There the ones Ive been doing only cant use them. It either just doesnt do anything or says the DVD/CD is unreadable or just says Insert Navigation DVD. This may sound odd but if you get a disk to work could Iyou make me one and i can pay you though paypal for postage and the disk?

Geordie Racer

Status
    Yep no bother mate, will try it tomorrow - lazily browsing in bed atm

PREVIOUS:
    AUDI A3
    AUDI S3 8L
    AUDI A3 1.8T Quattro
    8L

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellz View Post
    Yep no bother mate, will try it tomorrow - lazily browsing in bed atm
    Ok Cheers for that...fingers crossed....

Geordie Racer

Status
    Hi mate,

tested the CD worked fine, upgraded to 660, I obviously dont have the correct wiring setup - job for the weekend I think

Happy to send the update CD down to you just PM me your details and we can sort it out...

PREVIOUS:
    AUDI A3
    AUDI S3 8L
    AUDI A3 1.8T Quattro
    8L

2nd Gear

Status
    Just a queery again, I went into engineering mode and under SDS settings it had this, does that mean its already been hacked to run SDS?

Reverse Gear

Status
    Sorry to hijack the thread, but I have just done the SDS mod on the mic and now got the mic working (RNS-E MK1 2010 Nav Disc), but in the process I have managed to downgrade the software and knock of my originally hacked unit SDS hack, so now I am back to SW650.

Shockingly, my MIC still works through the stereo.

Does anyone have or direct me to the files so that I can burn it onto a disc to put it back on?

On another note, I have, can get access to, quite a few of these pins (that go into the back of the RNS-e)... probably a couple of thousand lying around... so if anyone needs any let me know.

Thanks

Reverse Gear

Status
    All sorted, I got the 660SW from a very nice man off another forum, If anyone needs a copy, PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by Nokesy View Post
    Sorry to hijack the thread, but I have just done the SDS mod on the mic and now got the mic working (RNS-E MK1 2010 Nav Disc), but in the process I have managed to downgrade the software and knock of my originally hacked unit SDS hack, so now I am back to SW650.

Shockingly, my MIC still works through the stereo.

Does anyone have or direct me to the files so that I can burn it onto a disc to put it back on?

On another note, I have, can get access to, quite a few of these pins (that go into the back of the RNS-e)... probably a couple of thousand lying around... so if anyone needs any let me know.

Thanks

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by welshwoody View Post
    Just a queery again, I went into engineering mode and under SDS settings it had this, does that mean its already been hacked to run SDS?
    Did you find out if your SDS was already enabled from this info???
    2012 A3 Ibis White SportBack Black Edition 140

Mods so far: H&R 50mm, Rain Light Sensor, RNS-E, Cruise control, Interior OEM LED mood light, OEM LED number plate lights, OEM LED Puddle lights, OEM LED Footwell Lights, tear drop wiping, Beep confirm on close, pressed plates, HHA & TPMS.

Red A4 Black Edition 150Tdi.... On order!

Gone But Not Forgotten....
    2011 A1 Black Sline 106
    2006 A3 Red Sline 140