Turbo clean?

Ash187

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Hi Guys,
I have read some posts on here over the last few weeks about cleaning out the turbos on the car and has got me thinking about getting mine done. My car feels like it doesnt accelerate as well as it used to and im thinking if it due to a clogged up turbo? Also its a derv so i get the general smoke when booting it but was wondering if there was anyway of cleaning up the exhausts or anywhere else that might cause this. Now i have pretty much 0% mechanical knowledge so i wouldnt know where to start.

Is there such a place around london that anyone knows where i could get this done or does anyone on the forum do this sort of thing?

Thanks

Best way to do this is to remove the turbo full stop, using the innotec or whatever it was called isnt tbh that good & given your admission, best to get it done properly.

Are you experiencing any limp modes or boost error logs?

no actual problems, just doesnt seem to shoot off the way it used to. like takes a little longer to get up the revs... not quiet sure how to explain it. and i feel like there is a little more smoke when i pull away from lights in a hurry... but that might be me just being paranoid.

Also try giving your car a reboot / ECU reset... i.e. disconnect battery for 20mins or so, then reconnect.
I do this every once in a while and it always appears to freshen up things.
Could be in my mind (placebo) as I'm expecting a slight improvement, but I do notice that my traction control light comes on a lot more during acceleration after doing so.

as far as i know the previous owner did not map it, I want to get it remapped but just want to make sure that the turbo is clean and good before doing so, so that i dont have to fork out for another turbo cos the map took the last bit of life out of it.

I might try the battery thing tonight. last time i did that was when the cruise and MFSW was installed and that is pretty much a year ago.

Dont really want to be spending much on it tbh, just want to get it cleaned out and fresh again. Pretty sure its never been cleaned since it left the factory and im dreading to think what kind of crap is in there.

any ideas where i could get it done?