EM TuningSky Insurance
    dsg

Status

2.0 tdi 140 coolant issue

hi guys,

recently the coolant light appeared on my dashboard when i started it up. so i popped the bonnet and the coolant levels seemed fine. i was baffled. so i turned the engine off and back on again and the light didnt appear si i drove the car as normal. now and again when i turn the car on it appears although i havent been driving the car much as im getting rid of it. just wondering what you guys think could be the problem as the coolant level in the tank seems spot on? ive also noticed the car seems to be a bit smokier than normal if you really look for it.

tia guys

ian

2. # ADS
    ADS

dsg

Status
    ?

Enthusiast

Status
    Could be the coolant level sensor. There are two metal bolts in the coolant expansion tank which tend to get oxidised, try and scratch them with a knife. Just in case I'd scan the car with VCDS.
    VCDS USER

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Unless you're seeing a drop in coolant, then as above, check coolant sensor, also check oil cap for any mustard & any drop in oil dramatically.

OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

Reverse Gear

Status
    Hi, as above the level sender in the bottle is the most likely cause. Audi supplies cartridges to go in the bottle to stop the oxidation from happening.

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by SAiLO View Post
    Could be the coolant level sensor. There are two metal bolts in the coolant expansion tank which tend to get oxidised, try and scratch them with a knife. Just in case I'd scan the car with VCDS.
    ^ as above. I had the same issue with my previous TT - a simple scraping with a knife done the trick.....had the car four years and didn't get the problem again, so hopefully this'll save you your pennies to spend elsewhere

dsg

Status
    cheers for the replies guys ill have a look now at the sensor