S line/s3 roof spoiler, worth the money??

mark7

Reaction score
Hi guys
Just gauging opinions really. Is the S line/S3 tailgate spoiler really worth the money once you've sourced one, paid for it, had it painted and fitted?
I'm toying with one as i think it would probably finish the rear of the car off. Been offered one for £80 delivered but then got to have it painted.
Do you guys think it makes a big difference to the rear of a A3? personal taste i know, just wondering what peoples thoughts are on it?

Thats not a bad price really. i thought it was worth it, i paid £30 then £90 painted/fitted.

If you like it buy it ,Why worry about how much it costs ? Send me the link for the £80 spoiler :p is it a sportback 1 ?

Subjective - if you like it and you think it will improve your car then go for it providing you feel the benefit/improvement is worth the cost...

Stop typing and buy it! It's no coincidence that the more expensive/sporty 8Ps all have them.

I luckily got mine for about £50, but the average ebay price (when you can find one) is about £80 upwards.

Get in there.

got mine in my car colour from a breaker for £100, fitted myself in an hour... personally the car looks too old fashioned without it

first thing i bought paid 60 + 40 painted then fitted myself. think it sets the back of the car off better personally

You could always hold out for one the same colour as your car.

Start messaging the breakers on ebay, see what they have.

I got mine cheap as I just looked about and seen a good deal, guy had fixed a s3 tailgate and had the damaged one left with the spoiler on it.

When I fitted mine my brother laughed because it doesn't extend the roof line much at all. It's almost the same shape, but a little further out. Strange thing is that when I look back at photo's of the car without it, it looks really basic. It's not the most dramatic mod, but I'd say worth it as people comment it just looks better now.

Slightly off topic.... How is the s line/s3 spoiler fitted in the factory? with bonding agent or locating screws?

Slightly off topic.... How is the s line/s3 spoiler fitted in the factory? with bonding agent or locating screws?

With both.
But if fitting to a non s-line/S3 tailgate then you just bond it (and cut off the fixing lugs).

You don't cut off the middle lug on the Sportbacks. The middle lug has got a mounting point where you take the original brake light out. The outer 2 need cutting off and grinding flat and then you tape or bond it on.
I'm not sure if yours is a 3 or 5 door, so I apologise if this doesn't apply to you.

You don't cut off the middle lug on the Sportbacks. The middle lug has got a mounting point where you take the original brake light out. The outer 2 need cutting off and grinding flat and then you tape or bond it on.
I'm not sure if yours is a 3 or 5 door, so I apologise if this doesn't apply to you.

Good call. I always think in '3 door' terms. :sorry: