Headunit Query!?!?

chrissybhoy

Reaction score
Hi guys , and girls.

iv been sludging through the search engine on here and im still a little bit confused.

Here goes.....

Iv got a 54plate (the one with the bigger grill) which has a Bose Concert headunit. i want to put a couple of subs and couple of amps in the boot. Can i do this using the standard headunit?? i want to keep my dash simple and original, and id like to keep the steering wheel controls too. Plus the wife will be happier with the standard headunit :) when shes happy, im happy :)

Is this possible?

kind Regards
Chris

yes you can,i did a while back, a friend put a converter on for the amp leads or sumat...but youll never get the sound you want as the oe headunits are not made for what you want and wont give you the sound you want,i put a kenwood unit in instead and the sound was brilliant,anyway if you do decide to sell the concert let me know,as im after one as i sold mine and have since taken out the subs and stuff.

thanks mate. Right now my next question is, do you know what the converter was called that your friend used? :)

il give it a go with the standard headunit first then.

i doubt il be selling it even if i do put an aftermarket one in because i always put my cars back to standard before selling. but il give you a shout if i do sell it