Hill Hold Help..................please

bigman75

Reaction score
Hi :)

Just got a A3 2.0tdi se start/stop manual (temporary car.) According to the Audi website blurb, the hill assist is fitted, as well as to the s-tronic.

My handbook states that to use hill assist, you must apply the footbrake and not the handbrake.

Just so you know, I am applying the footbrake, 1st gear engaged and the clutch is depressed.

I have tried this but it wants to roll back (hand brake at the ready! :ohmy:)

Am I doing something wrong? Does it need 'activating' within DIS?

My understanding of hill hold assist is that upon releasing the footbrake I have approx 2-3 secs before any roll back occurs. Is that right?

I'm starting to doubt it is fitted or if indeed it is activated.

Not sure if someone can explain it better.

Any help/advice would be really appreciated.

Cheers,

Andy

That is how is should work, are you putting your foot hard enough on the footbrake? We have it on our DSG MY2010 car but I think it works the same with the manual cars...

Thanks Audicruiser. :)

I have been out and about today and I can confirm it works on slight, gentle gradients only.

As you've suggested, I wasn't being heavy footed enough. Strange given i'm a size 14 foot! lol

TBH, I'm not entirely convinced it's working fully. What I mean is, it seems to work on some gradients but not others. Maybe the pressure retained is only just enough for a gentle slope.

After all said and done. I will still use the handbrake.

Thanks again for for your advice.

Cheers

No probs... It's a bit of weird feature which can sometimes be a pain when your trying to "shot the gap" in traffic!