Three low beeps

Vertigo1

Reaction score
Noticed something totally at random with my car.

Every now and then I hear three short, low-frequency beeps which I'm sure are coming from the front door speakers. There's no pattern to it at all, I've noticed it three or four times, sometimes when I'm getting into the car, sometimes getting out. Of course it could be happening whilst driving but I'd never hear it.

There's nothing actually wrong as far as I can tell, just a bit perplexed as to what's causing the sound. Anyone had anything like this?

Thats usually the alarm siren goosed, you done a scan yet?

^ as above. The same happened to my TT - it was the alarm siren needing batteries replaced

Just done a full scan and no faults found from any controller :/

TBH doesnt always show any faults, but at least alleviates the majors :)

Is it even worth worrying about? Have already mentioned it to the dealer and they didn't have a clue - I could take it in but surely they'd just run a scan, find no faults either and shrug their shoulders?

That depends if you want your car alarm going of with no siren at all, think thats made the decision huh :)

Well it's a company car so if it gets nicked then I just get a shiny new one :D

Why even worry about it in beginning then lmfao

Well mainly because I'm slogging over to Germany in a couple of weeks and, if there was something likely to go wrong, wanted to get it looked at before I went :)

I'd lock the car with the windows down and after a couple of minutes stick your hand in the car and wave it round like a nutter. You'll soon know if the siren works.

It's not the loudest siren in the world though. The one on my Boxster is so loud all you can hear is a crackling noise for about an hour after it's gone off. The Audi one is just a sort of beep.

Three beeps means your pasty is done. check the glove box.