Not sure what to do on suspension mod department

NCRAW

Reaction score
Hi guys, what's your recommendation for modding the S3 8P in terms of suspension. For the past three years, I found it to be good but since a new steering rack went in 4 months ago (all done under warranty thank god), the car felt light and more floaty. The rack change also involves new springs, strut tops and other bits and pieces plus re-alignment. looking at the car from the side, the front looks slightly higher than the rear (car done 34,000 km in total and had 32,0000 when the rack was replaced). I will be getting my VAGCom cable soon (its on its way) so I can reduce steering assistance a bit (i got the feeling they increased it) but also was thinking about PSS10 coilovers and H&R (24/26) sway bars. However due to cost involved and the fact I wont be tracking the car, I'm thinking maybe sway bars are enough or maybe sway bars plus H&R/Eibach springs. Would the springs add any extra stiffness to the car (which I prefer) or sway bars enough for reducing body roll, will the car drop too low which means rubbing the guards, etc (I dont want to roll the lips and i do mountain runs a few times a year and tend to go out with the Audi and Z club on a few runs). Is it normal for the front to looks slightly higher than rear on stock?

PS. the new rack is definitely more sensitive and feels a bit diff then the old one (new design).
Other thing I noticed that the gap between arch and tyre on left side is slight less the right side (i can fit three fingers on right while its a bit tighter on the left, and no dirty jokes :D)

Thanks

I have H&R 25mm springs and H&R ARB's in my S3 - the ride is a lot more firm and planted than standard and I love it.

Bought from Orange Tuning in Germany.

I have H&R 25mm springs and H&R ARB's in my S3 - the ride is a lot more firm and planted than standard and I love it.

Bought from Orange Tuning in Germany.

this is what i would suggest as a cheaper, but still strong option.. Im sure Jonny C said this was one of the best set ups he had on his S3!

Boyd's ive got a couple questions re the ARB's, i get mine next week. I'll PM ya!

Can you Please post a link?

Also with lowering springs, is there any guard rubbing? Thanks guys. Sounds like a nice set up. If firmer and much less body roll then il be happy with that.