Uneven wear on front S3 brake pads - cause?

NME

Reaction score
After removing the old brake pads, and my mechanic stripping the piston in the calipers - he found nothing wrong, and said it was as clean as a whistle.

New pads have gone in, but I was wondering if anyone could suggest a cause, as it bugs me not having found a fault.

It was the drivers side only - both pads on this wheel had worn down evenly, but the left front was fine with plenty of pad left.

Your collective wisdom is appreciated!

under heavy braking does the car pull to the right?

Not that I noticed. There was a slight squealing noise now I think about it, when just driving around and a very very faint judder on the brake pedal - when it was only depressed slightly.

Sticky piston or dirty slider.

Yeah, thats what I thought, but since it has been stripped today, there were no visible signs of a cause.....

I hate not knowing why in case it burns up the new pads.

Just have to keep an eye on her I suppose!

doesnt sound like the brake balance is off then
i dunno mate, get the pads bedded in and then try a few mid speed heavy braking tests, if its pulling then youve got a problem somewhere
also if you were getting judder, if you still have a lot of life left in the discs get them skimmed asap, if they are warped they could ****** the new pads

i had a sticking rear calliper the only way i knew it was sticking was my mpg was going down and down and down other than that no signs till i felt the wheel that was nearly glowing with heat lol other than that no signs at all

i had a sticking rear calliper the only way i knew it was sticking was my mpg was going down and down and down other than that no signs till i felt the wheel that was nearly glowing with heat lol other than that no signs at all

Yeah, tell me about it! My MPG was way below all other peoples! What really bugs me is that there is only one sensor on the front pads, and it just happened to be on the one that was wearing down, was the one without the sensor!