AH FabricationsEM Tuning
    Neutral

Status

2.0T quattro service

Hi all. Had my car around a week now and loving it! when i bought it i knew it was due a major 80k service , cam belt,water pump, plugs , filters etc etc on closer inspection i could see it needed new discs and pads all round
    As it has full Audi sh i got a quote from Audi to carry it out, nearly 1k later i had to decline and went to a good friend of mine who has his own garage who is doing it all for me at the fraction of the cost! including the Haldex service
    How many of you guys got fed up with paying main stealer prices and moved to independent garages and do you really think it makes much difference using a good inde over the main dealer when the car reaches a certain age,say 5 years and over??

2. # ADS
    ADS

Neutral

Status
    Personally, I just had the dealer do a really basic oil change for the stamp, then had the rest done independently. FASH maintained at a fraction of the cost.

edit: my old 8L S3, not my 8P. She gets the full Audi treatment at the mo.
    2007 S3 - Swivelly headlights, magic foldy mirrors, two tone warm cow seats, beepy reverse, lazy motorway button, well good talky radio with telly & map, loads of lights inside, squished steering wheel, Milltek cat-back loud bits.

Audi Heaven

Status
    It all depends on how much cash you want to spend on your car and how many miles you do... The mileage I do is so low that I get it serviced at Audi plus it's been in the family from new so has got full Audi history. It's personal choice really...
    Scott

Audi A3 Sportback 2.0T Quattro S-Line 2007 8P2
    Lava Grey, Exclusive Line Black/Silver Leather, Heated Seats, Bose, RNS-e, iPod, Auto Lights & Wipers, Interior Light Pack

3rd Gear

Status
    Surely at 80k the residual value of the car will be plummeting so I'd go independant and just keep a good record of everything you have done. The amount it'll knock off the value of the car will be less than Audi's inflated prices.

Neutral

Status
    they are a bunch of cowboys they did my haldex service at 20K miles...and I am sure the service manual or at least recommended change stated by Audi themselves is at 40K, so very dubious about how dealers go about their work...plus the things that you ask them to look at and repair never get done as well.
    A3 Sportback S-line 2.0TFSI Quattro, S-line Special Edition, 18 inch RS6, Eibach Pro Kit, Koni FSD.

2nd Gear

Status
    you don't even have to take it to Audi at all only for warranty repairs as long as Audi approved parts have been used all is good any way
    plus from all the info on this site Audi dealers DON'T even know what there doing!