Looking for an 8P TDI

Plunky

Reaction score
Hi, I currently have an 8L A3 1.8t, however, starting a new job last year with a 50 mile + round trip everyday is starting to wear thin using the a3, some people who will know me from the 8L section will know its far from standard, with buckets, coilovers etc!

I am currently in the market for an 8P A3 tdi, I have around 6-7k to spend, ideally i want a 3 door, as many optional extras as possible, DSG gearbox and i would prefer the 170 bhp model.

Would an a3 with the above spec be feasible with my budget?

Also, any tips on buying one of these would be appreciated! should i be looking out for any common faults?

Thanks in advance

Liam

I'm looking around right now. 5 doors but basically the same thing. Look around Autotrader. I'd say your budget needs to be 8-10K (for 5 dr).

I'm not up on 3 dr prices. Never considered one :)

Its feasible but it depends on whether you care about mileage, S line, quattro etc.

You might get a 100k+ mileage SE/Sport for your budget...

thanks, is the 170bhp variant available around the 55 reg era?

Sorry im not really up to date with the newer audi models!

Just grab a 140 and have it remapped? cheaper all round and you would probably get a newer sport model for the cash you have

Some people have DPF trouble with the 170 too.

Yes, I should have said I'm fussy about mileage and I'm looking for s Line/high spec sport.

ok, i have found a few s line models around the 7k mark, or just over.

Are there any common faults with these cars/engines?

What about the DSG box? what are peoples views on these? do these affect the mpg that much?

I recently paid £5500 for an 04 2.0 TDI Sport PD140 with 70K and getting it remaped soon. Cheap and fast motoring!

That's pretty cheap :)

Plunky, early S-Lines had the same bumpers as the Sport.

Cheers guys! that is cheap!

so opinions on the dsg box? good? bad?

DSG box is beautiful to commute with, nice and smooth, minimal effect if not a positive effect on economy. Only worry is if it dies it's a big bill!