audi a3 tfsi sport or s line?

imraans3

Reaction score
Hi guys/gals im on the market to purchase a 8p a3 tfsi in BLACK but unsure on which model to go for, as the title states im either looking at buying a sport model or save a bit more and strech my budget to(9k) and get a sline model, im after either a 3dr or sportback, with full or partial leather trim, which ever model i purchase i will want to change the bumpers to S3 spec front and back and get some lows with the obligatory 19s, please help guys and gals with your views...:thumbsup:

Hi guys/gals im on the market to purchase a 8p a3 tfsi in BLACK but unsure on which model to go for, as the title states im either looking at buying a sport model or save a bit more and strech my budget to(9k) and get a sline model, im after either a 3dr or sportback, with full or partial leather trim, which ever model i purchase i will want to change the bumpers to S3 spec front and back and get some lows with the obligatory 19s, please help guys and gals with your views...:thumbsup:

If you're going to change bumpers, wheels and lower it then you may as well go for the cheaper Sport as you're gonna be pretty much doing away with the entire s-line exterior.

The interior is nicer on the s-line (seats, roof lining, etc) but depending on the price difference between the two models that are on the market at the time of buying you might find it cheaper (and more fun/satisfying) if you buy a Sport and mod the interior to your liking too.

Also consider the different blacks that are on offer for the two models. The black you prefer may only be available on one of the models.

In my case (a diesel) I just couldn't justify the extra 2-3k for an s-line with the same low mileage. It depends what you want really, again if your changing the bumpers I would go with a high spec sport like I did.
Tfsi's are alot better value than diesels so you might find a nice s-line in budget.

If you're going to change bumpers, wheels and lower it then you may as well go for the cheaper Sport as you're gonna be pretty much doing away with the entire s-line exterior.

The interior is nicer on the s-line (seats, roof lining, etc) but depending on the price difference between the two models that are on the market at the time of buying you might find it cheaper (and more fun/satisfying) if you buy a Sport and mod the interior to your liking too.

Also consider the different blacks that are on offer for the two models. The black you prefer may only be available on one of the models.

This is a hard one as the Sline version does look alot better as standard but it really depends on what you are planning to change. If your going to be changing alot then would you want to pay more to start with?

on the other hand remember that the Brakes on an Sline are bigger and the suspension is lower as standard, not to sure about the dampers but they may be better on the sline models. Sline's do come with the spoiler as well which you would need to add on a sport, and even if you are changing all the bits you could always sell on the sline stuff as there is a demand for it, unlike the sport bumper and alloys.

This is a hard one as the Sline version does look alot better as standard but it really depends on what you are planning to change. If your going to be changing alot then would you want to pay more to start with?

on the other hand remember that the Brakes on an Sline are bigger and the suspension is lower as standard, not to sure about the dampers but they may be better on the sline models. Sline's do come with the spoiler as well which you would need to add on a sport, and even if you are changing all the bits you could always sell on the sline stuff as there is a demand for it, unlike the sport bumper and alloys.

S-line have bigger brakes than the Sport??? You sure about that?

Isn't the brake size linked to engine power/size?
If not then my 200bhp 2.0T Sport has got smaller brakes than a 140bhp TDI S-line. :scared2:

ok well the last comment i made may not be 100% "the sport come with 288 and the Sline are 312."
But my 2.0TDI Sport has 288mm front and i know the 2.0 TDI Sline has the 312mm front... not sure if that depends ont eh 140 or 170 versions...
Can someone who knows a bit more on brakes come and sort this out please??

Just done a bit of searching on ebay and all sellers of discs for TDI 140s are selling 288mm discs, and for the TDI 170 and 2.0T they sell 312mm.