Volks AutosChris Nott
    1st Gear

Status

First Timer, Looking for instant HELP pls!!

Hi All,

3 year owner of a Imola Yellow S3 Limited Edition (bought new). Was close to selling but decided to keep and join the mod craze. Long time subscriber to Ozaudi and first timer here. Looks like a very big community.

Once I sort the item below, then I will get onto the mods for sure (got APR reflash and a dogbone insert from BFI on the way).

Now i have an issue and was hoping u cangive me a hand. About 3 months ago, my accelerator pedal developed this clicking sound which is a lil annoying for me, it happens close to the upper range just before u press/release it. It has been getting better and better and was suspecting there is a stone or something stuck behind it. So today i decided to pull it out and have a look and managed to remove the torex screw very easily and then gave it a couple of yanks to pull it from the floor which was challenging since i didnt want to pull hard on it and was worried about the wiring so decided to remove the clip, yes i think a few of u are having a grin on their face now :D, so i "PRESS" the grey clip (instead if pushing down as i found out later) and second time and... SNAPPPP. The bloody thing breaks. After cursing and swearing for 30 secs, i decided to have a look and voila, push it all the way and it comes off. I tried again and managed to push it down but didnt hear the click and i wasnt in the mood of giving it a go. Long story short, anyone knows the part number for the grey clip? is it part of the accelerator or the harness? anyone taken a photo of the pedal off and the connector on its own. I have a friend who is an engineer and actually works for a company that builds looms for all major jap and aus car makers so replacing it will not be an issue, but i need to know the part no/maker. it looks like the grey clip is part of the plug that plugs over the pedal part and that the wires have their own little plug whch sits in the plug with the grey clip (hope this makes sense). The pedal seems to be made by Hella but not sure who makes the clip.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status
    ETKA lists the connector as a black 6 pin connector part number 1K0 973 706, but it looks like the grey part is included with the actual pedal & not a separate part.

VWVortex.com - DIY -GLI/ MK2 TT Aluminum Pedals (Lots of pics)
    2003-2008 1998 Red A3 8L 1.8 Sport
    2008 -> 2003 Akoya Silver A3 8P1 2.0 FSi Sport

1st Gear

Status
    Hi Khufu. Thanks for info. Yeah I saw another image showing the 6 pin connector but Not sure about the grey bit. I was initially hoping it was part of the pedal so i replace the whole pedal if it keeps doing the clicking sound. Anyone else can confirm this please? I will pull it this weekend and have a look also. The good thing is that it can still be done using a flat head screw driver but Im anal and like it to be perfect hehe.

3rd Gear

Status
    I've got a spare set of A3 pedals, I'll have a look.

3rd Gear

Status
    The grey clip is on the wiring connector rather than on the pedals so changing the pedals won't do you any good unfortunately.

Now running on Heavy Oil

Status
    If you mean you have broken the light grey tag that you press to release the connector then it should still be able to be depressed with a small flat screwdriver. If i were you i'd get the pedal back out to give you some room and check the connector, unless you really forced it off you should be able to get it to "click" just make sure the plastic tag is ok. you may need to tweek it again with a small flat screwdriver.
    "Never in the field of human conflict was so much owed by so many to so few"

Churchill August 20th 1940

1st Gear

Status
    Minsta: Thanks for that mate. much appreciated. This will make it cheaper to replace. I will try to get the part listed by Khufu. I saw a diagram which shows the 6 pin connector seperated from the piece with the grey piece so I think it will be easy job to replace.

S3 Dave: Thats excatly what I did, I broke the light grey tag by pressing it instead of pushing it down. I had a quick go yesterday and im pretty confident that I can still push the rest of the grey piece down with a screw driver but decided against it till I get the replacement. Good news is that the clicking sound is gone from the accelerator. Must have been some dirt or a small stone stuck somewhere.