Monster MotorsportVolks Autos
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Hill Hold Assist VCDS Mod

Is loving his new 8V S3!

Status

Hill Hold Assist VCDS Mod

Hi guys,

I’ve always thought that the Auto Hill Assist (or whatever it’s called) was a bit lazy on my S3. It seemed to drag the brake a bit too long, causing jumpy set-offs and creaky brakes on hills. No doubt it was slowing my 0-60 as well, hehe.

Anyway after a bit of digging with VCDS. There is an option in the Mk60 ABS module for adjusting how much revs it needs before the assist will turn off, Light, Normal, or Heavy. Just changed mine to light and it’s so much better now, much smoother to set off on hills etc.

It’s under ABS (03) Module, Adaptations (or basis settings, can’t fully remember now!), Hill Hold Control, Values can be 1, 2 or 3 (light, normal or heavy). VCDS 11 Beta has labels for it.

Hope it helps!
    S3 8V Sportback Stronic, Estoril Blue Crystal Effect, Black Interior, Adaptive Cruise with Stop & Go & Pre Sense, Super Sports Seats with Electric Lumber, LED Headlights, Interior Lighting Pack, Hill Hold Assist, Privacy Glass, Comfort Package, Technology Package with Audi Connect, Advance Key, Folding Door Mirrors, Extended Mono.Pur Interior, Front and Rear Parking Sensors, Audi Sound System.

Build Thread Here!

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status
    Seeing as it's only an £80 option, wonder if you can activate HHA via VCDS

"Started From The Bottom"

Status
    is this only on New S3's ?

Is loving his new 8V S3!

Status
    I think so mate, think its only DSG as well? My 2006 3.2 DSG did not have it...
    S3 8V Sportback Stronic, Estoril Blue Crystal Effect, Black Interior, Adaptive Cruise with Stop & Go & Pre Sense, Super Sports Seats with Electric Lumber, LED Headlights, Interior Lighting Pack, Hill Hold Assist, Privacy Glass, Comfort Package, Technology Package with Audi Connect, Advance Key, Folding Door Mirrors, Extended Mono.Pur Interior, Front and Rear Parking Sensors, Audi Sound System.

Build Thread Here!

2nd Gear

Status
    My 2006 tdi DSG has it and I love it. Sometimes I park on a hill just so I can use it
    the crisis mobile BMW Z4C 3.0
    It's quick and it sounds bloody good.

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Its actually down to the ABS controller installed on your car, not all had it, I was going to upgrade mine to see if would work, but at £450 for a controller alone, I thought urm maybe not (yet)

OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

1st Gear

Status
    Can get it on a manual too, the configurator just let me speck one up. Really surprised at this, I thought you had to have an electronic handbrake for this, like megane scenic and passat

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Nah electronic handbrakes were added so we can make use of the poxy armrests without intrusion by a handbrake release/lift lmfao

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by NHN View Post
    Its actually down to the ABS controller installed on your car, not all had it, I was going to upgrade mine to see if would work, but at £450 for a controller alone, I thought urm maybe not (yet)
    I'm sure you will find a cheaper one on ebay.de ;-)
    2003-2008 1998 Red A3 8L 1.8 Sport
    2008 -> 2003 Akoya Silver A3 8P1 2.0 FSi Sport

The Clar!! it mouves!!!

Status
    Nige, any chance mine would have this
    Xbox 360 gamer ID : Timffy

Black FZ6 - Turbo car 'slapper'
    Silver BMW 535D Tourer - Fully loaded 340BHP 700NM torque
    2009 8P3 S3 Brilliant Red - Sold
    2001 F/L S3 Dolphin Grey - Sold
    1999 Pre F/L Silver A3 1.8T - Sold

Neutral

Status
    Just looked at the audi configurator for the SE spec A3 2.0 tdi. The hill hold assist is fitted as standard on all A3 models with s-tronic and/or start/stop function. Other than that, it's a £80 option as previously mentioned. Thats my understanding of it anyway

Andy

1st Gear

Status
    Yes and hence why I said, if Audi are only charging £80 for it, must be just a coding thing(?)

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Khufu View Post
    I'm sure you will find a cheaper one on ebay.de ;-)
    When I have time lmfao.

Quote Originally Posted by 1animal1 View Post
    Nige, any chance mine would have this
    You'd have to check your abs controller part & check coding in this & also in etka to see if it mentions hill hold.

Quote Originally Posted by Virdee View Post
    Yes and hence why I said, if Audi are only charging £80 for it, must be just a coding thing(?)
    Ok on older cars its not a coding option solely, relies on a specific abs controller that supports this function, now based on my checking, it would appear they now use 1 abs controller on new MY11 cars, so chances are that is coding only, for the newist of cars that is.

The Clar!! it mouves!!!

Status
    cant i just go onto vcds, enable it and see if it works Nige would that be quicker lol

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    At your own risk.

The Clar!! it mouves!!!

Status
    whats the worst that could happen apart from Dr Pepper?

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Your car, only one way to find out

The Clar!! it mouves!!!

Status
    cheers Nige, watch this space

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by 1animal1 View Post
    cheers Nige, watch this space
    Thats not pics of your car now burnt out on the other thread????

err, i'll get my coat...
    2003-2008 1998 Red A3 8L 1.8 Sport
    2008 -> 2003 Akoya Silver A3 8P1 2.0 FSi Sport

The Clar!! it mouves!!!

Status
    that's it...promote testing

1st Gear

Status
    Yeah mines going to be a MY12, so will try it when it arrives!!!

The Clar!! it mouves!!!

Status
    nope, dash lit up like a christmas tree and asked me to drive carefully to my local dealer lol..... no go im afraid

controller is 1K0 907 379 AE component ESP MK60EC1 H35 0106...whih bit of that is the control code, the first bit?

1st Gear

Status
    Just for my reference, how did you do it? Is it in the long coding, or the main coding?

The Clar!! it mouves!!!

Status
    long coding in ABS module matey..... everytime i go into that module now though, the warnings on the dash come up, no fault codes though and its definitely disabled

oh well

Neutral

Status
    sorry to ask what could be a silly question but how do I turn the hill hold assist on? The manual is useless at explaining anything i swear!

I have tried but just seem to roll back EVERY time lol

Thanks!
    Jig
    MY12 Brilliant Black Audi A3 Sportback S-line 1.4 TFSI - Tech Pack, Comfort Pack, Privacy Glass, Xenon lights, Folding mirrors, Non smoking pack

Meow.

Status
    Just changed this on my old man's A3.

Really does transform the driving!

Reverse Gear

Status

Activated Hill Hold Assist / Set to Standard

Dear Silky-S3!

Quote Originally Posted by Silky-S3 View Post
    Anyway after a bit of digging with VCDS. There is an option in the Mk60 ABS module for adjusting how much revs it needs before the assist will turn off, Light, Normal, or Heavy. Just changed mine to light and it’s so much better now, much smoother to set off on hills etc.
    It’s under ABS (03) Module, Adaptations (or basis settings, can’t fully remember now!), Hill Hold Control, Values can be 1, 2 or 3 (light, normal or heavy). VCDS 11 Beta has labels for it.
    Hope it helps!
    thank you for the information, it seems that you are the only one in the WWW who found out how to configure the Hold Assist in the VCDS/VAG-COM :-)
    I have a question which many, many (Austrian) users bother since years:
    How must the VCDS be coded that the Hold Assist is alwas ON (when you start the car)? It's very annoying to press all the time the button when you start the car (it should be the other way round, that it is always on and if you don't need it you can dissable it).

Would be great if you have a solution,
    best regards from Austria,
    Markus.

In awe of VCDS

Status
    I was just wondering if anybody has successfully enabled Hill Hold Assist on a car that didn't have it before yet?

As Nige says, it needs a specific type of controller, but I was wondering if anyone that's tried it has been lucky enough to have the correct controller. And if so, what controller have you got?

So many questions!
    Now: 2010 A3 SB S-Line Black Edition 2.0TDi 140CR. Panther Black
    Retro'd: Black S-Line badges | Private Plate | Come home lights activated | Fogs as corning lights activated | Hill hold assist activated | TPMS (via VCDS) activated | 3.5" s/s tailpipe | LED interior lighting.

Gone: 2007 A3 SB Sport TDI 140. Dolphin Grey

Banana Menace!

Status
    Mine is a MY10 S-Tronic S3 and it came wih HHA as standard. My ABS controller is part number 1K0 907 379 AP (Component: ESP MK60EC1 H45 0107), so if you have an ABS controller with the same number (which we know supports HHA), you should be able to code it using VCDS. x
    MY10 S3 8P3 S-TRONIC, IMOLA YELLOW
    SHARK PERFORMANCE STAGE 2
    - GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN!

Is loving his new 8V S3!

Status
    Hi Markus,

No probs. Our A3/S3s don't have a button for hill hold, its just on all the time. What car do you have which has a button?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by stalledforward View Post
    Dear Silky-S3!

thank you for the information, it seems that you are the only one in the WWW who found out how to configure the Hold Assist in the VCDS/VAG-COM :-)
    I have a question which many, many (Austrian) users bother since years:
    How must the VCDS be coded that the Hold Assist is alwas ON (when you start the car)? It's very annoying to press all the time the button when you start the car (it should be the other way round, that it is always on and if you don't need it you can dissable it).

Would be great if you have a solution,
    best regards from Austria,
    Markus.

Build Thread Here!

Reverse Gear

Status

Hill Hold Assist enabling with VCDS

Hi,

No probs. Our A3/S3s don't have a button for hill hold, its just on all the time. What car do you have which has a button?
    Thanks
    sorry, didn't know that there are differences between the Audi cars ;-)
    I have a Q5 3.0 TDI with Hold Assist. The Problem is, that the Hold Assist has to be activatet every time you start the car, that's really annoying - sit in, start, press Drive Select to Comfort, press Hold Assist, etc. (there is already a solution in VCDS/VAG-COM to change Drive Select to your prefered Position e.g. Comfort, but no one knows how to change the BITs that the Hold Assist is alwasy ON when you start the car - and you can dissable it when you don't need it).

Best regards,
    Markus.

PS: here is a picture of the Hold Assist in a A5, it's the same in the Q5 - the ((A)) button
    http://www.audi.co.uk/content/dam/au...C5_F501_HF.png

Reverse Gear

Status
    Hi,

No probs. Our A3/S3s don't have a button for hill hold, its just on all the time. What car do you have which has a button?<br>
    Thanks
    I have a Q5 3.0 TDI with Hold Assist. The Problem is, that the Hold Assist has to be activatet every time you start the car, that's really annoying - sit in, start, press Drive Select to Comfort, press Hold Assist, etc. (there is already a solution in VCDS/VAG-COM to change Drive Select to your prefered Position e.g. Comfort, but no one knows how to change the BITs that the Hold Assist is alwasy ON when you start the car - and you can dissable it when you don't need it).

Best regards,
    Markus.

PS: here is a picture of the Hold Assist in a A5, it's the same in the Q5 - the ((A)) button<br>
    <a href="http://www.audi.co.uk/content/dam/audi/production/Models/A5/A5Cabriolet/Content/A5_A5Cabriolet_B2C5_F501_HF.png" target="_blank">http://www.audi.co.uk/content/dam/audi/production/Models/A5/A5Cabriolet/Content/A5_A5Cabriolet_B2C5_F501_HF.png</a>

Reverse Gear

Status
    Hi,

<
    No probs. Our A3/S3s don't have a button for hill hold, its just on all the time. What car do you have which has a button?<br>
    Thanks

Best regards,
    Markus.

PS: here is a picture of the Hold Assist in a A5, it's the same in the Q5 - the ((A)) button
    <a href="http://www.audi.co.uk/content/dam/audi/production/Models/A5/A5Cabriolet/Content/A5_A5Cabriolet_B2C5_F501_HF.png" target="_blank">http://www.audi.co.uk/content/dam/au...C5_F501_HF.png

Is loving his new 8V S3!

Status

Build Thread Here!

Reverse Gear

Status
    Hello Silky-S3,
    do you know if there is a posibility to change this status in VCDS?
    Best regards,
    Markus.

5th Gear

Status
    Thread bump.

Has anyone successfully enabled HHA on a car that did not originally have it?

I have a Manual MY11 S3 (which clearly has a mechanical handbrake) and a
    1AT ABS unit which google suggests it is "ESP ready for TMPS* and Hill Hold "

I would prefer not end up with errors 1animal1 experienced above.

*TPMS question to follow!

Cheers
    Audi S3 Quattro Black Edition.

2nd Gear

Status
    Looks like my 59-plate S3 has HHA as I was able to change it from normal to light via VCDS. Time for a drive now to see if it's made any difference!

Nice, works for me, pickup from a standing strat is much better.

Thanks to the OP for posting this!
    Last edited by nluk100; 4th June 2012 at 12:46.

4th Gear

Status
    I did this last year on my MY10 car works with no issues at all.
    Current:
    A3 Black Edition 2.0 TDI 140

Advanced In Car Technologies

Status

My Social Networking

Follow Cruiser89 On Twitter Add Cruiser89 on Facebook Visit Cruiser89's Youtube Channel Visit Cruiser89's Instagram Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by slade777 View Post
    I did this last year on my MY10 car works with no issues at all.
    Can you remember any of the coding by any chance pal? Keen to see if this works on MY12...

Tim - Project & Marketing Manager of Advanced In-Car Technologies LTD. An Audi Approved OEM / Retrofit Specialist Company. All views expressed are my own and bear no reflection on Advanced In Car Tech.

Audi Bluetooth -AMI/iPod - RNSE Navigation Units - Cruise Control - Optical Parking Systems - DAB (Digital Radio)- Audi Factory Retrofits- Stolen Vehicle Tracking - In-Car Cameras- Genuine VCDS Cables

4th Gear

Status
    I will try find my screen shots later when I'm home.
    Current:
    A3 Black Edition 2.0 TDI 140

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast