Audi A3 Black Edition Delivery Times 2011

Sooo after a long wait... My car is being built next week and delivered 2weeks after that!!

Getting pretty excited now, lots of new gadgets and toys to play with!! Gonna be weird driving a white car and not a black one!!

I have just been old that my car is being delivered to my home address next week, was originally quoted end of decembernwhen I placed
the order in June so I'm really pleased that's a good 7 weeks early!

I live in hope that the same thing may happen to me! I ordered before you and am still waiting.

2 weeks from build to delivery is a tad optimistic I think.

I sent my dealer a recorded letter since both them and Audi UK are no longer returning my calls.

**** poor service.

2 weeks from build to delivery is a tad optimistic I think.

I sent my dealer a recorded letter since both them and Audi UK are no longer returning my calls.

**** poor service.

Naa. I said being built next week and then delivery 2 weeks after that. :)

My current A3 took the same amount of time. 3week turnaround once build has started.

What's the problem you are having with Audi? Every time I have rang Audi UK they always called me back.

Naa. I said being built next week and then delivery 2 weeks after that. :)

My current A3 took the same amount of time. 3week turnaround once build has started.

What's the problem you are having with Audi? Every time I have rang Audi UK they always called me back.

Basically a mate ordered 4 weeks after me and he has his car now. Mines still hasn't been built. They are the same spec.

Audi UK kept retuning my phone calls stating there was no delay untill I gave them my mates vin and order number and asked them to compare them on the system. They still have not returned my phonecall with a valid explination as to why mines has taken 14 weeks longer than his.

Hi, new to the forum. Placed my order through work (Lex autolease) 2 weeks ago. Haven't been quoted any delivery dates as yet. Im told that they have ordered it through the Bolton dealership. Reading through some of these posts, Im hoping it will arrive by March 2012. I might be being a tad optimistic. Anyone got any pictures of:

Ordered A3 Sportback 2.0tdi Sline Black Edition

Hi I ordered mine 7th June was quoted end Dec for delivery but it's coming next Thursday 10th November - mine was ordered thru a leasing company GE Fleet. Sooo can't wait til next week!

Well mine arrived today which was the same day Audi said it would arrive when they first gave me a date in July. I am so excited I nearly did a sex-wee.....

Gandy

Nice to read about peeps finally getting their cars delivered :)

I must make more effort and get some proper photos posted like Cruiser has...........great colour! Still, Volcano red is nicer! lol

Sex-wee :puke2: so fu*king funny!

I must make more effort and get some proper photos posted like Cruiser has...........great colour! Still, Volcano red is nicer! lol

Ha - Mine weren't proper. lol

Wait until I Spend all day next week detailing it... :)

Well mine arrived today which was the same day Audi said it would arrive when they first gave me a date in July. I am so excited I nearly did a sex-wee.....

Gandy

i must just be one of the unlucky ones, ordered end july, promised mid december, now March the 13th

patience isnt my strong point either!!

glad you got yours mate , enjoy!

i must just be one of the unlucky ones, ordered end july, promised mid december, now March the 13th

patience isnt my strong point either!!

glad you got yours mate , enjoy!

Really doesn't make any sense...

I ordered an S3 about seven weeks ago (not a Black Edition though) and got quoted Feb/March '12 but rang them two days ago and turns out it's been built and awaiting shipment. Should arrive in the next two weeks. Three months early...that's almost unheard of lol.

it is a balck edition i have ordered but so far its been pushed back 5 times and has 89 "slippage days"

i do have a fairly nice hire car but not the point and i cant really throw a wobbler as its a company car.

seriously didnt know my wife was pregnant when it was ordered, my money is on here delivering first!!!!

if it gets put back again, i am going to throw a strop

all the best

jon

serio

Hi, new to the forum. Placed my order through work (Lex autolease) 2 weeks ago. Haven't been quoted any delivery dates as yet. Im told that they have ordered it through the Bolton dealership. Reading through some of these posts, Im hoping it will arrive by March 2012. I might be being a tad optimistic. Anyone got any pictures of:

Ordered A3 Sportback 2.0tdi Sline Black Edition

If you ordered mid-October, March would probably be optimistic unless you were light/lucky on the options. I ordered at the start of August and quoted March delivery. You might get a March build week and it arrive in April, I'd imagine, although I wouldn't be surprised if it turned up in May. Then again, it seems some are getting luckier than others.

I stole the sex-wee quote from Avid Merrion off Bo Selecta. Factually accurate of course though :)

I put a picture in an album here to show people the car (only low res iPhone picture) but it doesn't seem to link only red x :-(

I took it out yesterday for a drive round Yorkshire and enjoyed it a lot.

Sorry to hear others are having nightmares. Mine took 6.5 months and had some unusual options. It is worth the wait.

Gandy

Ok I think I figured out how to use the picture tags. Here it is - much muckier now with all the salt

3736-s3.jpg

Spoke to the lease company this week. They told me delivery to the dealer 19th April. Ordered SB Black Edition sline 2.0 ltre TDI 140 3rd week October.

I get an automated e-mail from the lease company every other monday.......

guess what, its gone back again to end of March!! from a chuffing early July order

Thats it for me guys, Audi can stick it!!!!! its not even bad customer service, its non existant!!!

I actually spoke to the guy at the dealer before i ordered and was told before christmas.

going to phone the lease company and tell them i dont want it tomorrow!!!

Black Edition, in case its more like Slack Edition on Audis part, absolute rubbish!!!
:wtf:
rant over

all the best chaps

Ok I think I figured out how to use the picture tags. Here it is - much muckier now with all the salt

3736-s3.jpg
Gandy, are you in leeds bradford area.
Car looks almost identical to mine. Mine is a YE61 plate too from Bradford Audi.

I ordered mine end of may and took delivery 2nd week of november.

I get an automated e-mail from the lease company every other monday.......

guess what, its gone back again to end of March!! from a chuffing early July order

Thats it for me guys, Audi can stick it!!!!! its not even bad customer service, its non existant!!!

I actually spoke to the guy at the dealer before i ordered and was told before christmas.

going to phone the lease company and tell them i dont want it tomorrow!!!

Black Edition, in case its more like Slack Edition on Audis part, absolute rubbish!!!
:wtf:
rant over

all the best chaps

I'd hang in there. I cancelled mines after a delay then 2 months later re ordered lol. Lucikly the original car I ordered was sitting at the port as no one had wanted that spec.

I have calmed down a little now, but still phoned the lease company this morning for a winge!!

its a bit soppy I know but i had it in my head that i would pick my wife and the new baby up from hospital in it, no chance of that now.

on a positive note, it will stop me worrying about taking her to hospital in it,

breathe dear, watch the nail marks in my leather, Ohhh thats going to leave a mark:undwech:

I have to agree with jagojon, I ordered my BE end June and was told dec then Jan but have an unconfirmed build of 2nd week in Jan if it changes they can stuff the car I don't mind waiting but I think they are now taking the p1ss,
They might be a good car but there is a limit to how much you can mess customers around, could be time we started following the moans with actions

Rant over :)

thanks mate, if it turns up were looking at around 38 weeks at the earliest,(still no build week)

got me over a barrel really, if i order a bmw , i will get it about the same time.

hope your wait isnt as long as mine

all the best

jon

I'm getting rid of the A3 and I have ordered a Golf GTI. Initially ordered in August, was promised by the dealer that they had allocation, but after a month and a half it turns out they were lying and were trying to purchase allocation from another dealer (unsuccessfully) without me knowing, so they eventually had to come clean. Ordered from another dealer in November, was given build week 4 of 2012, which has now disappeared off the order and there's no build week at all anymore (hasn't even been pushed back - just no date at all). Been in touch with the dealer, Volkswagen UK (CEO's PA level) and the factory in Wolfsburg, eventually turns out it's being delayed due to my wheels, and as the factory is closing over Christmas they can't give a week until they re-open, or some crap. VAG customer service = extremely poor. I wish there was another car that I wanted so I could say "**** you" and order it but there's nothing. :(

Gandy, are you in leeds bradford area.
Car looks almost identical to mine. Mine is a YE61 plate too from Bradford Audi.

I ordered mine end of may and took delivery 2nd week of november.

Yup - I think this was delivered from Leeds Audi - I live East of Leeds. I was hoping for YO61 so I could call it YOGI....
We also seem to have had almost the same delivery experience - mine was just a few weeks later than yours. First ever black car, and I have to say when clean it looks great, but it gets mucky very quickly especially with all the salt that is about. Running in period finished earlier this week - certainly is rapid when you give it the beans :lmfao:.

Gandy

Nice box of champagne arrived for me today.

"Best Wishes - Audi UK"

:beerchug:

unconfirmed build week 7 :Flush: any one want to take a guess as to when i should expect it on my drive if thats the case

cheers

jon

Hi, new to the site.

Just got order confirmation from my work leasing company, with a delivery date of 04/04/12.

Have ordered the A3 Black Edition 140, with pearl - Phantom Black Paint.

Does this sound realistic or should I expect a delay?

Hi, new to the site.

Just got order confirmation from my work leasing company, with a delivery date of 04/04/12.

Have ordered the A3 Black Edition 140, with pearl - Phantom Black Paint.

Does this sound realistic or should I expect a delay?

good luck,

dealer told me today that orders made this week wouldnt arrive till at least end of may, but you could be one of the lucky ones

all the best

jon

hoping not to break your record Adam:sob:

spoke to soon , beat it afterall, now expected middle of April..................................

in the process of cancelling, just had enough Audi can stick it!:Flush:

finally was told yesterday mine was built and being shipped, possibly take delivery next week ordered June 2011 delivered Jan 2012. Misano red sportback 140 black edition, with comfort pack. Gee’s times started going soooo slooooowww but not long now :beerchug:

finally was told yesterday mine was built and being shipped, possibly take delivery next week ordered June 2011 delivered Jan 2012. Misano red sportback 140 black edition, with comfort pack. Gee’s times started going soooo slooooowww but not long now :beerchug:

6 months for an A3, if it wasn't such a desirable car Audi would be truly fecked. A disgrace. No wonder people are looking elsewhere.

i know there have been times when I’ve looked at others but stuck with it lets hope, the loyalty is repaid with pleasure :):racer:

Last edited:
My dad ordered his last week and has been given a build week of 18 I think.

Well worth the wait ;)

6656463211_5437002993_b.jpg

well after along wait ordered june 2011 will be taking delivery of my new Sportback blackedition 140 with comfort pack in misano red next wednesday 1st feb after 11am now i'm getting excited :)