Audi A3 Black Edition Delivery Times 2011

Adam, understand but you still might want to call to have a rant. There might be a slim chance that they could bump your order up the list?

woohoo - just got a call to say my car has arrived at the dealers! ... unfortunately i'm off on holiday for a few weeks, so won't pick it up until the end of the month :( .... something to look forward to in that post holiday gloom period though! :yahoo:

Reactions: m4rk
Adam, understand but you still might want to call to have a rant. There might be a slim chance that they could bump your order up the list?

Last time I spoke to Audi they said there was no chance I'd get a temp car if my order was delayed so I can't be bothered calling for nothing.

I bought something else now so regardless I wouldn't be taking the Audi if it arrived tomorrow.

woohoo - just got a call to say my car has arrived at the dealers! ... unfortunately i'm off on holiday for a few weeks, so won't pick it up until the end of the month :( .... something to look forward to in that post holiday gloom period though! :yahoo:

Wonder if it's at the same dealers, definitely off the same boat as I've just had a call telling me mines arrived, it's going to be delivered on Thurs 22nd... Bit of a wait but could be a lot worse!

Wonder if it's at the same dealers, definitely off the same boat as I've just had a call telling me mines arrived, it's going to be delivered on Thurs 22nd... Bit of a wait but could be a lot worse!

Hmm bit strange that one. They usually like to get the cars out quickly when they arrive due to them not laying about for ages. Ring the stealer and ask why it's so long even though it's arrived?? What optional extras did you ask for? Maybe it's something the prep team have to sort out. (some bits are done post factory build)

Sounds like they're staring to come through the system which is good :) let's see some pics when you collect.

My options are all listed below but am pretty sure they would all be factory built? Not sure if it's my lease company that have to arrange their own transportation to get it delivered to me and that's where the delay is or if there's a delay being sept and the new reg's? Either way it's not that long in comparison to the 6 months I've already waited...

Sorry didn't see your spec in the sig. Like you say those are all factory fit items.

Just as a word of caution... I fitted an Bluetooth kit to a mates new A3 (61 plate) which was a company lease car. When I took the bottom part of the dash apart (near obd) they had sneakily fitted a pro fleet tracking system with OBD connection. The guy had no idea about it... Maybe this is becoming a standard thing on company and fleet cars now?

Reactions: m4rk
Two of my work colleagues just ordered new cars through the same scheme as I ordered my S3 from in May. Both will get their cars before mine arrives. Mini Cooper SD - order to delivery time of about 8 weeks. Kia Sportage (don't laugh) - order to delivery time of about 12 weeks. Audi S3 - order to delivery time 28 weeks. Audi have f***ed up their demand modeling, supply chain, or something else fairly major when others can do it in half the time. By the time I give back my loan car it will have an extra 11k miles on it....

G

Last edited:
Found this link interesting, for all you guys that are waiting for delivery!

http://hintlink.com/audi/audi_info.htm

Cant believe that Audi dont have the faciltiy for customers to track their own order to follow the production process........... Even Vauxhall do !!!!!!

:salute:

Adam i've have had the same issues but if you contact Audi here will get a response i did, and then a follow up form the executive side too, very good but you need to contact them they will sort it also see below

"Audi appoints new Head of Operations

Aug 15, 2011

Alison Jones joins Audi UK to take on top Operations role

Audi has announced that the Head of Operations role at its UK headquarters has been taken up by Alison Jones, who joins the ‘Vorsprung durch Technik’ brand from Volkswagen Group Customer Services."

note here quote

"We have a multitude of great products coming through, a challenging market place and an absolute focus on our customers and the service we provide.

Alison will be responsible for new and used car sales, agreeing production volumes as well as network and franchise responsibility for the UK, and we’re confident that she will excel in all areas.“

worth know who you want to reply to you :)

Last edited:
It's too late now, I've taken my business elsewhere and bought another car.

Cheers though!

Just had an email today Build date week 41, mid October so it looks if its been brought forward, so good news!!:whistle2:

Yup my order has been brought forward a week. Build next week...... Fingers crossed of course!!!

On order; 1.8 tfsi ,sportback, BE, Ibis White, leather/alc, pan roof, comfort pk.

Last edited:
Ok folks, just to keep you in the loop - my initial week 36 estimate has obviously not been met lol. However the wheels are on a boat as we speak or perhaps by now, in the uk. This ones excited!

Nice one mate, I know how excited you must be..................i've recieved confirmation mine is being built this week !! Once its on the boat it should be at the dealers within 48 hours.

Soon to own A3 Sportback- Blk Edn, 1.8TFSI, Ibis - Pan roof, leather/alc,comfort pack.............:yahoo:

Just to update you all, finally got my BE delivered today, around 6 months since ordering it. Absolutely love it, so solid, smooth, comfortable, not to mention classy! will put up some pics over the weekend!

One lesson i've learn't so far is don't burn MP3 CDs using iTunes, unless you don't mind cycling through 80-100 songs! Do it with something else which creates actual folders on the CD for the different albums... school boy error!

Happy new car.............................enjoy. looking forward to some pics! :salute:

Congrats mate .. out of interest .. when did you place your order? Still waiting for mine since mid April ........

Ordered early June through Lookers Leasing.

I was told initially a 10 month wait (March 2012.) I wasn't that concerned though cos they could something similar for the interim period.

This was somehow advanced to Oct this year. I'm not complaining though!

OK!!! It's here, went to the dealership 2day to have a sneak peak before it gets AutoGlym'd tomorrow. Will post pics up over the next few days! Well worth the wait!

Nice one!! Mine is on the boat this week, but going to resist a sneaky peek when it arrives at the dealers. (well, will try)!!!! LOL
Good choice on the Autoglym - well worth it.....

Soon to own A3 Sportback- Blk Edn, 1.8TFSI, Ibis - Pan roof, leather/alc,comfort pack........

Quick one... When you all picked up your BE's did it come with start/stop engines and hill hold??

Yes on the start / stop, not sure on the hill hold, didn't know it could have that feature tbh...

When I asked about it I was told (by Gloucester/Blade Audi) that it's included on the A3 BE. Whether that's correct or not remains to be seen...

Interesting .... understood the start/stop function is now standard. Didn't realise the hill hold was also?

Cool... At least it saves that little bit of fuel whilst you're stopped.

Hill hold isn't a problem as Im sure you can activate it via vagcom (saw something about hill hold in the coding and the Ross tech site)

ordered 29th july, now pushed back to 13 March 2012, still no build date either, for flips sake, my wife will have had our baby quicker than Audi can get me a car at this rate!!!

I called in to see my dealer yesterday and it seems that the current A3 is still very much in demand even though there will be a new version some time in 2012. Most factory orders are around 5-6 months.

Still trying to decide whether to order one now. At least I know I like the existing A3 and mine will be 3 years old in April 2012. Will I like the new version and what models will be available when it is launched.

getting to the point that i dont want it anymore. Cant believe the poor service, three months and still no build date, all very well trying to expand in other markets, but if you loose orders in the process, you havent grown at all.

should have ordered a beemer:tapedshut:

Mine is now winging it's way to the UK; hoped to have it for ADI but no chance given the speed of shipping times.

Ordered early May, arriving late October. In my books that is quite a considerable wait for a mass market car. Its one month behind where I was expecting, and the wait has felt so long I've at times changed my mind and wished I'd bought something else as much changes in the world of cars in 6 months. I wish an S1 had been about to compare with S3.

@ Dave; tough call, don't know which route I'd take in your shoes. Current A3 should be available with great discounts and run out specs, but new one should have significant interior tech enhancements but may only launch in wiener specs @ full RRP. From early pics I can't make up my mind if I like the new one as much.

Not sure there will be much in the way of run-out discounts available as, according to my dealer, the current A3 is still selling strongly. I think the new A3 will probably be released at the Geneva Motor Show in early March 2012.

In the latest update to the ETKA software Audi are not allocating any VIN numbers for the existing A3 beyond 31 December 2011 so it could mean that they start some production of the new version in January so that they have cars available for the launch at least for their home market.

If they are still only building cars to order and are six months behind at that, i can't believe there will be many run off discounts on offer. This will only be the case on dealer 'stock' cars or cancelled orders.

You may see a saving on a nearly new they have on the forecourt though. Naturally once the new shape is sitting in the showroom they will want to shift the 'old' cars.

I managed just over 8% on my S3, but I was a return customer who'd been struggling to find another Audi I wanted (saved them from losing me to BMW 335d coupe or M3).

Interesting ref EKTA dates. It seems to be a long time coming considering everything else that's been appearing on this platform, but then if it ain't broke....

are they taking a while to ship from the factory to the dealers? Mine has a confirmed build week of this week. Waiting til Monday until calling to confirm its actually been built!

Mine is now winging it's way to the UK; hoped to have it for ADI but no chance given the speed of shipping times.

Ordered early May, arriving late October. In my books that is quite a considerable wait for a mass market car. Its one month behind where I was expecting, and the wait has felt so long I've at times changed my mind and wished I'd bought something else as much changes in the world of cars in 6 months. I wish an S1 had been about to compare with S3.

@ Dave; tough call, don't know which route I'd take in your shoes. Current A3 should be available with great discounts and run out specs, but new one should have significant interior tech enhancements but may only launch in wiener specs @ full RRP. From early pics I can't make up my mind if I like the new one as much.

I've just spoken to the dealer who said the car did not make it until 3rd October build date, so the delivery date of last week in October looks more realistic for delivery. I've been trying to get alu dash trim and RS3 19" rotor wheels fitted before I collect it and it's proving to be harder than I expected.