Engine Management Light 2.0TDI - any one got VAG-Com 2 save me getting Ripped Off

BP-Law1

Reaction score
Hi Guys, I'm a total newbie to Audi-Sport.net,- posted this yesterday in the wrong group (thanks for telling me Fran). Had my A3 2.0TDI 170 sport for just over a year (2007 model), just been in for 40k service & EML has popped up on the dash; could this be related to anything done on the service?, what problems could it mean to me? Cheers, hope someone can plug me in & tell me what this might mean (post code LA3) Cheers - hope to hear from you soon. BP

Any loss of power/turbo whilst driving? Does your car have the DPF (Diesel Particulate Filter) ?

Just buy a VAGCOM from NHN, they have good resale value also.

Just a slim chance it's a faulty exhaust pressure sensor- had 2 A4s recently both with the same fault.
Vcds would tell you for sure. Mine were done under warranty but I think the sensor is approx 50 quid. I'm assuming the same fault can occur on an A3 with Dpf

Cheers Phil, I'll get that checked out 2mrw. Hopefully thats it, better than lots of £ for a dpf. I'll post the results for others with same symptoms.